Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Colour schemes
jonabonospen

posted on 30/9/12 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Colour schemes

Tomorrow I am going to Mac#1to place my order for a shiny new ZX10R Worx kit and I can't wait.

Just one problem though, I really can't decide on a colour scheme. I am a Kawasaki fan and believe that a Kawasaki should always be green. But .......... I don't just want to build another green and black car. Not that there is anything wrong with them, in fact I really like them, but I just want to be a little different. I have thought about perhaps building a green and black but then getting a full Kawasaki race rep decal kit on it, designed to fit the car. Or perhaps look to incorporate an old Kawasaki bike paintwork design in to it with professional decals, like the green white and blue of either the 1990's ZXR750's (one of my favourite bikes ever) or maybe the Eddie Lawson type schemes.

Anybody got any good design ideas or designs they want to share / show to give me some inspiration?

Or is anyone able to mock me up some designs on photoshop or something if I give them some pictures / designs for guidance?

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
rdodger

posted on 30/9/12 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
Green chassis, black panels, white body. Green decals
loggyboy

posted on 30/9/12 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
Photoshoped ideas for mine
http://www.loggyboy.com/images/Raw/Ideas

Mistral Motorsport

Jimfin

posted on 2/10/12 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
These were our ideas

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=1018246&r=19569209&hm=200771&mid=200771#19569209

and the "finished" version

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=1192900&r=22818091&hm=200771&mid=200771#22818091

jonabonospen

posted on 13/12/12 at 12:40 AM Reply With Quote
Just to bring a bit of further info to this thread, here are the initial designs that me and my friend have come up with. He is a wizard on Photoshop. My favourite one at the moment is the top one, although it will still need some further tweaking to get it just how I want it, and to also design the front and back designs.

If it was your photo that I have used for the basis of the design work, then I apologise for not asking if I could use it or not, but I just found it when searching the web and couldn't see who it belonged to (in the original photo the car was originally white with "ZX10R Evolution IV" wrote down the side of it, and with white wheels and a pea green rollcage).

Note that the rollcage, wheels, and mudguards will in real-life be a glossy black but it was just hard to get the realistic look on the car when using a proper glossy deep black. They just look a bot matt in the photoshopped images below.

So what do you think?

MAC#1 ZX10R WORX BUILD BLOG: http://mac1-zx10r-worx-build-blog.tumblr.com/

MY PERSONAL BLOG: http://jonabonospen.tumblr.com/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
jps

posted on 13/12/12 at 06:58 AM Reply With Quote
Personally i think the last one looks best, but I'm not a massive fan of writing on road cars. Funny to see the link to pistonheads, I'm thinking of doing a martini colour scheme, although more subtly than the one at the end of that link.
loggyboy

posted on 13/12/12 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jps
Personally i think the last one looks best, but I'm not a massive fan of writing on road cars. Funny to see the link to pistonheads, I'm thinking of doing a martini colour scheme, although more subtly than the one at the end of that link.

+1

Mistral Motorsport

mcerd1

posted on 13/12/12 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
dax did this one a while back....

-

loggyboy

posted on 13/12/12 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
dax did this one a while back....

Dax really have perfected the art of ruining a 7!! lol

Mistral Motorsport

off-road-ham

posted on 13/12/12 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
You could always go back to the 80's and do a red and black , like the old GPZ models.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.