Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Road Runner SR2 Build
petrol head ash

posted on 12/10/12 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
Road Runner SR2 Build

Hi everyone, I thought I would make a build diary of my car... and try to keep it up to date!

I recently sold my Sylva Striker early this year to fund my new build, After a lot of searching on the internet, spending weekends at different shows, going to different track day events organised by manufactures I’ve decided to build a new seven:

Road Runner SR2

I decided to go the Road Runner route as I’d done quite a lot of 'shopping around', I knew in my head what I wanted.... I did originally think it was the Raw Striker but after having a good look around the SR2 at Stoneleigh 2011, I realised this was the car..... The chassis, the body, everything, I loved it!

I then went to some track day events with Mike from Road Runner (a very nice man) ;-) who let me have a go in his demo car, straight away his car felt so much more 'positive' than mine, (I did have a pretty well set up car) his car quite happily stayed out on track all day long taking abuse after abuse.... every time I used it I liked it more and more!

A few months ago I put in my order for a kit :-)

petrol head ash

posted on 12/10/12 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
I have since made the journey to the Road Runner factory to look how progress is doing... all is well, everything is moving quickly. I was always made welcome by Mike and his staff! which is nice.

Mike has really helped me out with ALOT of things through out the order of the kit (thanks Mike), I'm going to go with the new pushrod front suspension set up Road Runner are offering as i love the look of it and I'm planning to make the car quite track focused.

A couple of pictures of my visit (chassis in the jig)

snapper

posted on 13/10/12 at 06:03 AM Reply With Quote
I thought for a moment
"Bloody hell that's a massive chassis"
Then I realised its the manufacturers chassis jig
Doh

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

petrol head ash

posted on 14/10/12 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
If anybody is interested in the build I'v put it on pistonheads under 'Kit Cars'

will probably put more info on there save doing it twice... bit lazy I know!

regards Ashley

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.