Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: it's official Dvla are hopeless
sdh2903

posted on 22/10/12 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
it's official Dvla are hopeless

Really bloody hopeless.

I registered the Gkd back on the 10th of August when I picked up my number plate authorisation form from Glasgow office. During the process they took the donor v5 from me. A few weeks later I received a tax reminder for the donor, I rang them up which in itself was a nightmare and they said they would sort it. Today I get a final reminder or I'm going to be fined.

Another half hour on phone trying to speak to a human with half a brain cell to be told that the donor was still registered in my name (yes I already knew that) and that my kit car doesn't exist! no trace of it on their system at all, no wonder I hadn't received the v5 yet.

Apparently the Glasgow office will phone in the morning to try and sort it out. Luckily the car is off the road now but might have been interesting legally if I'd got pulled or has an accident etc.

Davg

posted on 22/10/12 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
Yes Glasshopper could have told you that would happen.
All will become good in the end!

Cheers D

------------------------------------------------------------------------

jollygreengiant

posted on 23/10/12 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
I know the feeling.

Registered my kit and handed over donor V5 with the photo evidence and receipt for body shell from registered vehicle dismantlers that the Granada donor was now scrapped. Superb, perfect paper trail and evidence of the scrapping of donor they said (Northampton DVLA), we will take care of scrapping your donor they said.

Ever since I have been sorn-ing my Granada and now I even have a new style V5. Previously I never had a V5 to take to my local office to show them what I was talking about, because they had ALL the paper work relating to it. Now I have V5, No Granada, and, NO LOCAL DVLA o(rro)ffice.

So I shall keep on sorn-ing until after I am dead. Then they can chase me for a fine.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

flibble

posted on 23/10/12 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
Now have a collection of 3 bikes (RD125, TDR250, ZX9r) that I sorn every year, 2 stolen bikes from about 8 and 10 years ago and a scrapped one, I dealt with all 3 through the proper channels at the time, followed up for a couple of years when I kept getting the Sorn request, then like above ^^ gave up and just send them off every year
PSpirine

posted on 23/10/12 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
The following letter usually gets them to update their records.

"Ref: Registration, Make & Model. DVLA, This vehicle has been permanently disposed of. I no longer have this vehicle. Please update your records"

I tend to send it with the SORN/Tax reminder reference number. So far 2 out of 2 cars have been updated with no issues.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.