Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bec oil temps
Davegtst

posted on 25/10/12 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Bec oil temps

What oil temps are considered normal for a bec? I have my oil cooler on the floor of the engine bay with a naca duct and ducting to get the air over it rather than the cooler infront of the rad. I took the car out today and it sees to be pretty settled at 80°c just driving at a normal pace but goes up quite quick to just over 90°c if i give it a quick blast.
daniel mason

posted on 25/10/12 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
your oil should be hottet than your coolant so 90 degrees oil temps are still relatively low

tomgregory2000

posted on 25/10/12 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Oil tends to be 10 deg hotter than the water temp,

What water temps have you been running?
Do you have an oil thermostat fitted?

Davegtst

posted on 25/10/12 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure on the water temps as I'm only using the stock hayabusa gauge until I get a proper gauge. No I haven't got a stat fitted but I think I may need one as it takes quite a while to get the oil up to temperature.
b3ngy

posted on 25/10/12 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
I haven't driven my bec yet but going from previous cars that I have owned would say 90degrees oil temp sounds about right after a bit of a blast. Might be different for bike engines?? just my pennies worth
Benzo

posted on 25/10/12 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldnt race my Blade if the temps werent up and around 80degs.. I have seen them as high as 160degrees before..

Sounds about right for road driving

Custardpants

posted on 2/11/12 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds fine for road. I typically run 80 - 90 degrees oil temp on the road and have my water temp set to 85 deg. On track I always waited for the oil temp to get above 80 before using WOT/high rpm. Until my oil temp cooling was improved it would climb to 135 degrees after about ten minutes on track,(whereupon I'd stop and let it cool down). If you can get over 90 on the road I'd be suprised if you'll get enough cooling on track.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.