Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: speedo , gauges bezal trim
Dale

posted on 7/11/12 at 12:32 AM Reply With Quote
speedo , gauges bezal trim

A question for anyone who has used factory gauges and mounted them to look like single gauges.
I am using an engine turned dash and my some of my gauges are taken from a maurader dash and I have seperated them. They will be mounted individually but I am having a hard time finding bezels. Ideally I would like to find brass bezels but finding anything in 4.25 inch is near impossible. I have 3 sizes of gauge 1.75 inch 2.125 inch and the factory ones 4.25 (all ID ) I have found some pvc plumbing parts that will work with the 4.25 inch if I put them in the lathe and make some minor adjustments but they would have to be painted to look like brass, I would have to do the same to the existing chrome trim rings for the rest. Any Ideas?
hear are the guages in question The faces are close to what will be on them but not quite the finished product as they have the family coat of arms on the bottom of the gauge..

speedo and tach face
speedo and tach face

Thanks
Dale

[Edited on 7/11/12 by Dale]

Thanks
Dale

my 14 and11 year old boys 22
and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

big-vee-twin

posted on 7/11/12 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
You could try speaking to speedy cable here in the UK- Wales actually.

Maybe an outside chance they could help

linky

Recently got my new gauges from them and received a good service

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

Dale

posted on 19/11/12 at 05:03 AM Reply With Quote
Made my own
4 1/4 inch white pvc turned on the lathe and multiple copper metalic paint coats and a couple of clear coats- looks much better than the pics.
I wanted polished brass and found a finish that looked just like brass when held up against real brass but it was too washed out against the alloy, even more when against some engine turned ally which is what I will be doing to the dash.
Dale

Description
Description

[Edited on 19/11/12 by Dale]

Thanks
Dale

my 14 and11 year old boys 22
and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.