Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: My '60s clubmans formula car
Mistron

posted on 25/11/12 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
My '60s clubmans formula car

Hi folks,

Having lurked about these parts as I have had various projects on the go in recent years, I thought I'd give you a look at the current one: an as yet unidentified sports racing car, dating from the '60s it's probably either been an early Clubmans car like my old Coldwell Mink, or possibly a 750MC 1172 formula / F1200 car.

I'm planning on ftting a 998cc inline (overbore 948 with Cooper Pistons) A series engine, which i have but needs building. Bodywork will be in GRP as per the sketch in the photos on the link below.

It needs a bit of work but (assuming I don't sell it first!!!) will be fun, if clearly not the most powerfull car out there. Skinny tyres are the way to go!

Here's the photos of it as I bought it - not done much yet beyond clean up wishbones, make full set of long trailing links / Panhard rod etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44645707@N00/sets/72157632087827009/

Oh, and here is a link to photos of the Mink which I stupidly sold, and this car was bought to replace:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44645707@N00/sets/72157602273600686/

[Edited on 25/11/12 by Mistron]

T66

posted on 25/11/12 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
I really like the swoopy lines of the 60s single seaters, are you planning on having a similar body on your new build ?

Never seen or heard of a Coldwell Mink, but I bet you whince thinking about selling it, very nice !

Mistron

posted on 25/11/12 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, planning a similar style of body to a front engined Junior, but in offset single seater guise

here's the 1/5th scale sketch

P1070421 by alastairbrownuk, on Flickr

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.