Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: well how bads your month been
austin man

posted on 14/12/12 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
well how bads your month been

What a month Ive had, knackered enginge on my T5 Transporter total cost so far £2800 and it doesn't want to start when its cold despite new sensors glowplugs turbo pipe etc.

Went away for a romantic weekend to celebrate my 23rd wedding anniversay both the wife and I came down with some sickness bug I managed to pass out while being sick coming round to find my arm welded to a 2" central heating pipe losing a 6" * 1" strip of skin 2 weeks on still being treated

Yesterday held at Knifepoint with two of my staff members and robbed no one stabbed so we did something right

Now thats go to take some beating surely

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

stevebubs

posted on 14/12/12 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry, mate - I can beat all the above.

I had to go to the X-Factor final...

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2751
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 14/12/12 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Thats shocking !!!!

Pretty bad for Austin Man aswell.

jossey

posted on 14/12/12 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
You win.

My close third so far is

£1500 car bill engine blew up (plus £500 in hire car costs for work)
Romantic hotel with the mrs n kept awake till 5am by some well lets say rappers or dealers who even the Htel wouldn't kick out.
Binned the Xmas decorations by accident and have had my ear chewed for weeks by the mrs.
Spinal injection went well but lasted 1 week rather then the expected 1 year.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 14/12/12 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
To be honest I'm sat here edging towards the end of a fairly horrendous day in work and your message has reminded me that it really isn't THAT bad. It probably doesn't mean that I won't attack the gin when I get home but I might now add some tonic and a slice of lime.

Davegtst

posted on 14/12/12 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Got my tax bill today

I think Stevebubs takes it though.

[Edited on 14/12/12 by Davegtst]

JoelP

posted on 14/12/12 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
Well ive had an awful month for car reliability:

audi:

broken gear linkage, no central locking, windows or interior lights, 3 slow punctures, abs fault, door sensor fault, heater matrix leaks

jeep:

heater matrix/coolant leak somewhere, transfer box knackered (no 4wd, brilliant timing with the quattro being off road too), battery dead within a year of getting it

vivaro:

gear linkage broken (see a theme forming?), loose bits on the engine, timing belt went last month

But, i havent had any skin grafts, or had to take the missus away for a romantic weekend, so im quids in!

Oh, and hmrc owe me £4.5k

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

monck

posted on 14/12/12 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Cant beat that but its not been a great month ...

I blew my kit car engine

And

Never got paid for last month i didn't notice straight away and now employer has told me i wont get it until this months wages so things are going to be abit tight with Christmas ...

MikeR

posted on 14/12/12 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
2 kids under 18 months, dog that won't stop barking, sleeping on an air bed for last 7 weeks, baby (7 weeks old) has projectile vomit and bowel sticking outside of her body. complained to my clients boss about his clients boss - waiting for ramifications. misses wants fortune spending on xmas, me to magically do less work but still get paid and find 3k to pay for a summer holiday after xmas when my current contract ends in April.

oh, not seen the garage in 18 months either.

still think Steve has this one.

maccmike

posted on 14/12/12 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
I can top all of those;
Due to work/stress/winter flu etc for both of us
Iv not blown my beans for 7 weeks!!!

TheGiantTribble

posted on 14/12/12 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
There's always someone worse

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20730717
jossey

posted on 14/12/12 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheGiantTribble
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20730717

I agree your right on that. Makes you realise how good things are in our "world" compared to the families of the lost ones "world" right now.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 14/12/12 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Monday, lorry brakes down and I get put on some one elts's and I didnt get finished.

Tuesday, on a single track road in said lorry. I pull over to far to avoid mad woman doing 50+ on a skating ring and drop the front wheel into the verge upto the axle. 2 hour wait to be pulled out and I didnt get finished.

Wednesday, mate back's his lorry into mine and takes the rear lights of mine. Latter get bitten by a customers dog.

Thursday, Office on the phone every to minuits to find out when I am going to get to x, y and z so a late finish.

Friday, phone call from the boss. Thanks on behalf of the family for your service but you dont work for us anymore as we have sold the place. The weather has been crap and I cant work tommorow as I am out of hours. The wife is on the sick after falling down the stairs

Ps anyone work for WCF and want to pm me and tell me what they are like to work for ?

Volvorsport

posted on 14/12/12 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
if ur a tanker driver , i dont think youll be out of work for long......

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

whitestu

posted on 14/12/12 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Bad luck! Where was it you were held at knife point and robbed?

Stu

marcjagman

posted on 14/12/12 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
Wife on life support, got 2 cars and heater decided to pack up on both. But not as bad as some of you lot though.
perksy

posted on 14/12/12 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like its been a bad month for a few

I work in a Hospital, So if i think i'm having a bad day i soon realize that its nowt compared to some

Ninehigh

posted on 14/12/12 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm, looks like I'm having a good month then...

Pay's half what it normally is, and that's got to last me until the middle of january.

Still lonely as buggery, even people on dating websites don't want to know.

austin man

posted on 14/12/12 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by whitestu
Bad luck! Where was it you were held at knife point and robbed?

Stu

Guy came into the office demanding cash from my receptionist I stepped in and he offered to give me a face lift declined that one so he offered to sab me instead all for a measly £4.30 he was caught within 5 minuted of the call to the police. All being well he will be recalled back to prison,

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Confused but excited.

posted on 14/12/12 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Well I was going to join in and have a winge but after reading all that I don't think I qualify now.
My heart certainly goes out to some of you guys.
I know what life can be like at the sh1t end of the stick. All I can say is that it does get better.
It took me some years to learn to live with the loss of my best half and I certainly wouldn't have believed that back then.
So lets hope the new year brings some joy to all of us.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Peteff

posted on 15/12/12 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by austin manGuy came into the office demanding cash from my receptionist I stepped in and he offered to give me a face lift declined that one so he offered to sab me instead all for a measly £4.30 he was caught within 5 minuted of the call to the police. All being well he will be recalled back to prison,

It sounds like he just wanted to get back inside for his Christmas dinner. Good to hear no-one was hurt and he was caught before he robbed anyone else.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

aka_shortie

posted on 15/12/12 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
Thought long and hard what to write here, or if i should write anything at all.... and i still cannot put it into words.

On 13/12/12 I not only lost my partner but also my best friend.
Sarah you were not only my rock, but you were a true inspiration. I have never met anyone so brave; you stood tall, fought hard, and gave it everything you had got. For that i am so proud and will never stop telling people how strong you were.

You made me what i am, you were kind and caring, nothing was ever too much hassle for you and you would do anything to help someone. You always put yourself last with other peoples needs first. Even when you were in so much pain nothing was too much for you to help friends and family out as much as you could.

OK, i know you was a bingo addict (you know i had to say that) but as it brought you so much enjoyment then thats ok with me, i'll let you off.

I am just so sorry you never got to work as a qualified nurse, i know it was your dream and you gave up everything / sacrificed so much to retrain, you would have made an awesome nurse, you were just that type of person, so caring.

Thank you for everything you have ever done to help me, my mum or my dad. You were like the daughter they never had and they thought so highly of you, they were so proud of you.

There are things i would change, things i would do differently, but meeting you and spending 7 and a half wonderful years with you is not one of them. Best choice i have ever made.... actually, come to think of it, did i ever have a choice???? Sorry, my jokes still have not got any better.

Sat in the garden last night, looked up, it was so clear.... There was a massive star that reminded me how your beautiful eyes glistened in the sunlight.

You will never be forgotten and i will see you again some day, i just hope you can wait for me

You were truly loved by so many people, you should see your facebook wall. Don't worry about me, your family, sorry, our family are looking after me and we have lots of concerned friends checking on me.

I have been having a fair few Whiskey's toasting to the good times, i know you would approve.

Well i do not know what else to say.... Goodnight beautiful, sweet dreams babe. You mean everything to me and i hope i made you as proud of me as i am proud of you.

Will never ever forget you sexy xxxxxxxxx

Love you more than anything xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ivan

posted on 15/12/12 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
aka_shorty - not knowing you or Sarah it is hard for me to sympathise without sounding pithey, but your love and the extent of your loss is clear - Janice and I will pray that you get the strength to carry you through to a time when you will be able to remember the good times together without an overwhelming pain.

Ivan

Confused but excited.

posted on 15/12/12 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
Deepest sympathy mate. Unfortunately I know exactly what you are going through right now.
God bless mate.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.