Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Peoples next year's car plans!
MsD

posted on 24/12/12 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
Peoples next year's car plans!

Whos got what planned?

Ill start....

Im determined to get the 7 on the road and get to as many car shows as possible. ( I did say that last year though )
It 'just' needs lights/dash etc wiring up. New front wings fitting. Then general IVA prep and a good tidy up!

And after buying a Focus RS I need to give a proper clean/ tidy up, get an alloy refurbed after an incident with a bottle of De-Icer and just enjoy it in the good weather!

As they say- a thread is worthless without pics so.....

Have a good Christmas and New Year guys!

Mark.

mark chandler

posted on 24/12/12 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Moving into new (to me) house with a large garage, plan is to install a two post lift that I purchased on eBay last week and sort out my man cave.

Next will be to craft a new exhaust for my DB7, block back as horrible cast manifolds and fit some 200 cell cats to see if I can release another 50bhp.

locost needs to see more track action, only went out three times last year I,m also considering a new rear engined project.....

Just need to keep the SWIMBO happy.

snapper

posted on 24/12/12 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Modest plans BUT very important
I really really need to get one of my many Pinto's rebuilt with the potential
they have

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

panichat

posted on 24/12/12 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote

Car will be 3 years old in 2013 so first MOT is looming.
Hope to keep using almost every day whatever the weather.
With Bike
With Bike

Have a good Christmas.

Dave

Tatey

posted on 24/12/12 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
The plan is to get the Haynes on the road after nearly 3 and a half years of building...(only 2 years overdue now), still got a few months work left to go.
Stott

posted on 24/12/12 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
2013 I'm selling both mine and having a chill out instead, I'm displaying one at autosport international and I hope to get a bite there, the other is going to stoneleigh with a for sale sign on it.

MakeEverything

posted on 24/12/12 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
January - Rolling Road set up
February - Bodywork and Paint
July - Possibly for sale!
October - Look for new toy!

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

froggy

posted on 24/12/12 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
Get into the 10 second bracket with the new engine and get some more trackdays in next year

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

smart51

posted on 24/12/12 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
I should be getting number plates in January so I plan to drive it! I think some aero mods will give me a useful hike in top speed, so that's my first plan for mods.

minitici

posted on 24/12/12 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
I had better not make any firm plans for any of my own projects - all previous plans fell by the wayside come January 2nd

First I need to finish of the R1 powered Royale Formula Ford as it is taking up floor space in the garage.

Then I need to re-chassis my Land Rover.

Once those are out of the way I can think about the other (9) projects.......

coozer

posted on 24/12/12 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
Fingers crossed for mine, I wanted it on the road for Stoneleigh but I reckon it may be Newark...

[Edited on 24/12/12 by coozer]

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

big_wasa

posted on 24/12/12 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Get the car to iva, drive it to newark and sell it.

Finish the st170 static engine and sell it.

Garage clear out.

Play with the scooby and sell it.

Get the house done up and sell it and find a bigger house.

new project.....

chrisxr2

posted on 24/12/12 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
put some decent miles on the haynes, and get the wee bodywork blemishes sorted.

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Simon

posted on 24/12/12 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
Honestly, I suspect it'll be sod all. Will try and get garage extension done along with becoming a guitar legend (I'll start that tomorrow after Santa's been). May, or may not replace the bus, with a Galaxy.

ATB

Simon

StevieB

posted on 25/12/12 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
I'm going to swap out my cvh for a sigma engine, replace a few components for lighter/better items and aim to save 70kg on the overall weight of the car.

Oh, and I also want to take it on a tour or two through the summer (engine swap will be a case of gather parts through the year then done as a next winter mod)

Barkalarr
Contributor

Posts 941
Registered 14/3/12
Location Essex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Caterham R300, Caterham Roadsport,Indy R1,Indy Zet

posted on 25/12/12 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
Must get car through IVA, must get car through IVA, must get car through IVA.....
sdh2903

posted on 25/12/12 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
drive the thing hopefully!

maccmike

posted on 25/12/12 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
Im hoping to start the Mini build
rodgling

posted on 25/12/12 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
Think the boxster will have to go for a fun-family-car replacement... E39 M5 could be on the cards? Genius plan or retarded? Heart says genius wallet says retarded.
blakep82

posted on 25/12/12 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
get the car done and on the road, same as every year... plus better job that means i can actually afford to run 2 cars, so i can buy a car too. no fun having no cars at the minute

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Benzine

posted on 25/12/12 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
MOT some time in the next couple of months (first ever MOT test since SVA'd in 2006). Drive the flip out of it.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Furyous

posted on 25/12/12 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
I'm going to be exporting my Fury to New Zealand in 2 to 3 weeks. Seeing as I will have some space in the container I decided to buy a new chassis and I bought a used body kit off here. I might not start building the new one for two or three years but if I don't take it over now I probably won't get another chance.

I'm hoping to get the Duratec running enough to drive the car into the container, and then I can finish off tidying it up once it's in New Zealand. The more I look at my car the more I think it's going to need a rebuild to get through the LVVT (NZ's equivalent to the IVA). If that's the case, I'll transfer as much as I can onto the new chassis and get that one on the road, then slowly rebuild the old one.

I'm still not entirely sure about customs and duty. I don't think I qualify for immigrant's tax exemption. The rule is that you have to have owned the vehicle for twelve month's prior to "arriving" in New Zealand and you have to have lived in the UK for 21 months before going to New Zealand. The wording is a little vague. I'll be "arriving" in New Zealand in mid January at which point I will have owned the car for about 21 months. But I've been living in New Zealand for about 16 months and when I first went out there I had only owned the car for 4 months. I've been living in the UK for more than 21 months before I first moved there, but not the last 21 months.

The car would be imported into New Zealand as a bunch of spare parts and then it would go through the LVVT as if it was a new build. It needs a bunch of things changing but not all of them make sense. Steel brake and fuel lines, wishbones have to be made with a certain specification of tubing, must have a prop catcher. The door latch has to be mounted on a steel fixing. That one is the biggest problem because the Fury doesn't really have anywhere that you could add a steel mount for the latch. It's also a daft rule because in a crash the fibreglass door would be obliterated, but at least the latch is secure!

fullpint

posted on 29/12/12 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
Use it and abuse it when the weathers on my side
Would look to look into getting a full roll cage if its not too pricey....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 29/12/12 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
Finish the Gemini and have it on display at Stoneleigh. Racing at Snetterton at the end of May.

I'd also like to start a Series Landy build but that's probably a pipe dream.

me!

posted on 29/12/12 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
Get this Description
Description
making some noise, then drive it to my wedding in April!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.