Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: wilwood powerlites on cortina uprights
cps13

posted on 28/12/12 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
wilwood powerlites on cortina uprights

hi

has anyone used the above, powerlites on cortina front hubs? I thought they were compatable but mine don't seem to get the clearance against the discs? I'm thinking of making a spacer but just wondered if I am wasting my time and they will never fit!

Same goes for wilwood handbrake calipers on rear sierra hubs. I have the hub/bearing carrier for a drum setup with an adapter bracket to fit sierra rear calipers. I have "adjusted" it so that it will line up using the wilwood adapter for the fronts but again will not clear the disk or the upright (mk indy upright on the rear).

Any one have experience in these?

Cheers,

big-vee-twin

posted on 28/12/12 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
I have power lite on my corti a hubs, they need a spacer/bracket to fit them correctly I bought mine as a kit for cortina hubs from rally design they will prob sell you the mounting bracket

[img] Front Brakes Fitted
Front Brakes Fitted
[/img]

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

cps13

posted on 28/12/12 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big-vee-twin
I have power lite on my corti a hubs, they need a spacer/bracket to fit them correctly I bought mine as a kit for cortina hubs from rally design they will prob sell you the mounting bracket

Front Brakes Fitted
[/img]

I got an adapter to effectively rotate the mounting bolts thru 90 degrees. It bolts through the two holes in the calipers and then into the uprights. Is this the one you mean or is there a smaller couple of mm spacer?

cheers,

big-vee-twin

posted on 28/12/12 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
Its like a rectangular block bolts on the hub - then the bolts for willwood bolts in, as you say at 90 degrees pointing along length of car.

The bolts mounting the caliper pass through spacers which space the caliper off the rectangular bracket.

[Edited on 28/12/12 by big-vee-twin]

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

bi22le

posted on 28/12/12 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cps13
quote:
Originally posted by big-vee-twin

Front Brakes Fitted
[/img]

I got an adapter to effectively rotate the mounting bolts thru 90 degrees. It bolts through the two holes in the calipers and then into the uprights. Is this the one you mean or is there a smaller couple of mm spacer?

cheers,

I have this set up on mine. If your disks hit then maybe the 90deg rectangle spaces are not the correct ones. I dont think i have any warmers but can check tomorrow.

Warmers = spacers!

[Edited on 28/12/12 by bi22le]

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

BangedupTiger

posted on 29/12/12 at 01:13 AM Reply With Quote
Should look something like this

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.