Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Monaco F1 ticket price :(
v8kid

posted on 7/1/13 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
Monaco F1 ticket price :(

I've got free accommodation with my pal over the border in Italy and fancied the F1 at Monaco until I saw the ticket price - help ma boab!!

Are all views of the circuit ticketed - it is public streets after all! I'm not fussed about a seat I just want to experience the atmosphere - F1 is better followed on TV anyhow

Any tips welcome

Cheers!

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RK

posted on 7/1/13 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
I don't know about the rest of the place, but the Hotel Hermitage has rooms for 1900 Euros, per night, during the race. But that does include your champagne. I can attest to the quality of the establishment.

http://www.hotelhermitagemontecarlo.com/

If you think that's a great deal, I have some things in my garage, taking up space, that you might be interested in.

bi22le

posted on 7/1/13 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
You wont be able to see the all the track from anywhere.

The most common place for the average non-millionaire punter is up on the hill where the past hair pin is. They should shots of it this year and it looked like the place with best value for money and atmosphere. It was where the guy was standling heckling EJ with a loud hailer!!!

From there I recon you can see out of the tunnel and around the harbour (depending on how big the boats are). You will see the last corner and the back of the grid. You will also hear the start noise bouncing off of the walls.

Never been but I know the track very well.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

RK

posted on 7/1/13 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
I know that would be a very crowded area, and you would not be able to see them coming out of the tunnel. It's probably the best bet for those who don't want to spend a lot though, and you would see entrance to the pits and the last turn before the start.
coozer

posted on 7/1/13 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
How much we talking about like?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

locoboy

posted on 7/1/13 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
£36 is the cheapest ticket, that's not expensive......

ATB
Locoboy

40inches

posted on 7/1/13 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
£36 to £444 http://www.bookf1.com/f1-monaco/tickets.htm?gclid=CJjew_6t1rQCFSTLtAodUSgAXA

theduck

posted on 7/1/13 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
Those prices dot seem out of the ordinary to me?
bi22le

posted on 7/1/13 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RK
I know that would be a very crowded area, and you would not be able to see them coming out of the tunnel. It's probably the best bet for those who don't want to spend a lot though, and you would see entrance to the pits and the last turn before the start.

Huh, I would of thought with the elivation at the tunnel exit you may be able to see across the habour.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

kipper

posted on 7/1/13 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
Monaco

Been twice , got drenched twice. was herded like animals to our places and could not move for the duration.
The noise is fantastic though.
Both times I stayed in a caravan site south of Nice and some of the teams were using the site as an overspill park as there was no room for all their trucks ect at the track. I tried to get better access tickets from the team crews to no avail.

Unless you are very rich I would say don't bother, go to one of the other euro rounds
Denis.

Where did that go?
<<<<

v8kid

posted on 7/1/13 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kipper
Been twice , got drenched twice. was herded like animals to our places and could not move for the duration.
The noise is fantastic though.
Both times I stayed in a caravan site south of Nice and some of the teams were using the site as an overspill park as there was no room for all their trucks ect at the track. I tried to get better access tickets from the team crews to no avail.

Unless you are very rich I would say don't bother, go to one of the other euro rounds
Denis.

I'm there anyhow so I might as well You say you could not move for the duration. How long was that - when did you go in and leave - what was parking like - food on the circuit or bring picnic, were there seats of do i need camping ones, could you actually see the circuit, where were you on the cct, can you move about the track?

So many questions

Cheers!

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stevegough

posted on 7/1/13 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
I went to the Australian Grand Prix in March - I have just one piece of advice for you.....get some earplugs unless you like pain.

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

Volvorsport

posted on 7/1/13 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
been 3 or 4 times , i would say do the monte carlo rally , its much better , in fact we did last year ......

you cant book weekend tickets only for the day for the same price as a weekend ticket elsewhere...me , id do spa , that was loud enough , or catalunya , which is very cheap compared to most other places...

Menton is the place most people stay , its actually quite nice there ...

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

onenastyviper

posted on 7/1/13 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
I've been to Silverstone twice.
I always found the F1 cars loud but the GP2 were painfully loud - did not expect that.
Best feeling - sat next to the grid when they are about to start - you feel the power rather than hear the power.
Best viewpoint - at home on the TV.
I would go for the practice days just to get the atmosphere and hear the sounds but I think it is rubbish to watch the race for the amount you pay.

Wheels244

posted on 7/1/13 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
I'd rather watch a race rather than a procession - but I'm no fan of Monaco
on the F1 calendar.
Wouldn't mind going to Monaco for a look around though, looks like a nice place,
wonder how much a pint costs - if you can get one.

franky

posted on 7/1/13 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wheels244
I'd rather watch a race rather than a procession - but I'm no fan of Monaco
on the F1 calendar.
Wouldn't mind going to Monaco for a look around though, looks like a nice place,
wonder how much a pint costs - if you can get one.

You can 8euro's in the nice hotels, 4.5euro's in places you want to drink.

Oh, word of advice don't buy a round in your hotel without asking the cost first

martyn1137

posted on 7/1/13 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
Been twice.

In about 1995 we were staying in Nice so just drove over to Monaco on the race day. Amazed how close you could get to the fencing around the track but sadly can see very little. We did stand on one of the bridges overlooking the town for a while watching all sorts of expensive sports cars in and out. Then moved to one of the bars quite close to circuit. Good fun watching the race on TV, feeling and hearing the cars only a few metres a way and heckling the Ferrari fans.

Went back in 2010 for birthday and silver wedding treat. Thankfully wife has always been interested! This time bought tickets for swimming pool section which, yes, were nearly £500 each. Amazing how little you can see from anywhere but big screens keep you in touch with whats going on. On the Saturday found a back entrance to a department store which was right at track side. Good watching qualifying from there for a few minutes through a gap in the awnings.

My advice would be to go into town, soak up the atmosphere and watch the race in a bar. Food price is not inflated and the place is very friendly. Public transport is very good.

Monaco downside is the race is a bit of a procession.

Upside is just going there. Its not some hot dusty track miles from anywhere like many. Wandering around the streets and market stalls post race makes the day.

I would go back just for the atmosphere in the town and not bother to get in to the circuit itself

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.