Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MKSportscars?
smitht82

posted on 11/1/13 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
MKSportscars?

I've currently got an order for a front splitter with MK, but wondered if they are usually very slow at deliveries and communication?

I ordered the splitter back at the start of December and have made numerous calls to chase the order. I would like to add in fairness that i've always managed to speak with Danny but his times keep slipping from what he says. Within this order is a pressure switch which i need to diagnose a problem with my brake lights before its MOT in March. My car is currently off the road because of this sensor, so its starting to frustrate me :-( . I've even had my Splitter stabilisers from Taiwan for 3 weeks and these where ordered at the same time!

I'm starting to wonder whether to cancel the order and look elsewhere?

wylliezx9r

posted on 11/1/13 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
Search for MK customer service on here, I'll let that do the talking.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

loggyboy

posted on 11/1/13 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds fairly common. Just do a check through a few pages of the MK section of this forum. Their customer service is very hit or miss.
Just keep hounding them, on a daily basis if necessary.

Mistral Motorsport

RK

posted on 11/1/13 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
Don't you know you are lucky to be able to deal with a kit car company? It is not like going down to Halford's where you give them money, and they give you goods right away. There are secret handshakes, codes and all sorts of things to learn before you are allowed to spend money with a kit car company. A bit like the Freemasons, but more expensive.
snakebelly

posted on 11/1/13 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
RK, do you know you can be drummed out of the society for even revealing the existence of the secret handshake! Good luck getting any spares now
snakebelly

posted on 11/1/13 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
On a serious note, as has already bean alluded to you will either need to hound on a daily basis or even better tell them your on your way to visit and either want your goods or a refund
snakebelly

posted on 11/1/13 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry just noticed your location so I guess a visit isn't on the cards.
Mr Whippy

posted on 11/1/13 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
Tbh a brake pressure switch is an easy item to get cheaply elsewhere so I'd not let that keep me off the road, try eBay or car builder solutions, or just put a screw driver across the terminals to check it, most can be stripped down anyway. If you are stuck loads on here will talk you through how to fix it, a 7 is hardly a hard car to sort the electrics on is it?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Greenie

posted on 11/1/13 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
May I be cheeky smitht82 and ask you if you could kindly supply with a link or similar for the stabilisers.

And to add to their gmail I always found Danny and the team very good, I have had various items such as new exhaust, delivered within a week and a bespoke roll bar made to my spec..... Sorry but i can't fault them.

Maybes a phone call and specify the need and urgency.....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jossey

posted on 11/1/13 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
If you paid using ye card tell them to sort or you will claim the money back through visa...

Good luck though.

Call every 24 hours...

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

danny keenan

posted on 11/1/13 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry about this but we have had a big rush on getting ready for the autosports show and have been there since Wednesday,it's May Day off tomorrow so I will go in and make it for you.
T66

posted on 11/1/13 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
And theres an apology to be noted, and an explanation.

With a solution......I think thats called customer service.

smitht82

posted on 12/1/13 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Danny,

Thanks for the reply. I'll give you a call on Monday to arrange payment and delivery. I must admit i don't know of alot of companies that would reply on an open forum, so i appreciate the reponse.

I've had a lot of companies let me down on various things (non car related) recently and just wanted to find out if i needed to be worried. Me being sinical I guess.

Thanks,
Tim

coozer

posted on 12/1/13 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
You can get the brake light switch from most motor factors.. cheaper..

OEM VW brake switch.. Eurocarparts, PN 464550020 £5.45 Its made by FAE so good oem quality.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

danny keenan

posted on 12/1/13 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
Been in work today and made it for you.please give me a call Monday to arrange the payment

Thanks

loggyboy

posted on 12/1/13 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
Has the swedish blokes order been sorted yet?

Mistral Motorsport

smitht82

posted on 12/1/13 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Has the swedish blokes order been sorted yet?

I'd let the above run between the swedish customer and MK as my query has been resolved.

:-)

Peteff

posted on 12/1/13 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RK There are secret handshakes, codes and all sorts of things to learn before you are allowed to spend money with a kit car company. A bit like the Freemasons, but more expensive.

Roll your trouser leg down and shut up there, you'll be drummed out of the order.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

smitht82

posted on 13/3/13 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Well this is getting stupid! Had my 1st front splitter turn up damaged at the end of January and I'm still awaiting the replacement. I've had many a promise of phone calls and now I've asked for a tracking number as it was apparently posted last Friday along with some canards that i thought i'd also order. Danny was due to call me yesterday and this evening but no call. It's always me chasing , I've never actually had any form of customer contact from them. This is a joke. If MK are reading this then I suggest you call your customers with updates especially if promised and start thinking about what customer service is!
Davegtst

posted on 13/3/13 at 11:55 PM Reply With Quote
Quelle suprise.
smitht82

posted on 14/3/13 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
Well i've spoken to Danny today who has read my previous disatisfied post (and is in copy of this post) and have asked for the item to be resent to me for delivery tommorrow or i've requested a refund, so i really hope that the splitter and carnards turn up and that MK prove me wrong.

The reason i'm frustrated is that i've hired a unit for the weekend to allow me to get the car in the air and make some changes including paneling the underside of the car. My Rear Diffuser from SA Fabrications that was ordered at the start of february has been sat at home for 3 weeks awaiting the splitters arrival, so it all relies on this.

Once fitted i can then finally book my track day.

Davegtst

posted on 15/3/13 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
So did it turn up then?
smitht82

posted on 16/3/13 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst
So did it turn up then?

Nope, had to cancel the unit as the whole point of it was to sheet the underside of the car!

daniel mason

posted on 16/3/13 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
this really is not fair. something needs sorting as its verging on theft!
i certainly disnt have any of these problems with either of my mnrs! sometimes parts arrived the day after ordering,infact they usually did! they really are superb.

Davegtst

posted on 17/3/13 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
Good luck with trying to get a new one or your money back. Hopefully the growing ammount of threads showing what MK is really like will make people think twice before placing an order with them. I wish I never had.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.