Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Help with university project
*greg*

posted on 23/1/13 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
Help with university project

HI,

I am new to the site and i am looking for a bit of advice. I am designing a constant camber compensation system for a double wishbone suspension setup for my final year University project ( Motorsport Engineering Beng ). I am after a front section of chassis so i can build a working front suspension system to make modifications to after a prototype design has been developed. If anyone could point me in the direction of someone selling an old damaged chassis or someone who has plans for a simple front end it would be a massive help. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Greg

Agriv8

posted on 23/1/13 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
Welcolm

But I belive this has already been done on a DAX ? or are you looking at a different soloution ?

if not souds like you need a copy of * The Book *

ATB

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

pewe

posted on 23/1/13 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
You could do worse than have a chat to Matt at Procomp - linky .
He and Ivan build, service and repair Locost and others for racing.
Bear in mind that he is running a business so his time, though normally generously and freely given, costs.
Maybe a bit of quid pro quo?
Best of luck.
Cheers, Pewe10

*greg*

posted on 23/1/13 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
cheers guys , yeah have seen the DAX system its made by Walkers, but is rather intrusive and hard to apply as a after market modification. im trying to create something a little easier and more universal ( within limits )
phelpsa

posted on 23/1/13 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
I suspect that a lot of manufacturers with chassis jigs would be able to do just a front end. If you're in Derby, Aries aren't far a way.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
luke

posted on 23/1/13 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
Use the McSorley plans and just manufacture the front end? Steel will be cheap to a university and im sure there will be someone there that can weld.

Plans - http://www.sevenesque.com/plans/

*greg*

posted on 23/1/13 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
thanks , ill inquire at uni

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.