Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: more ebay woes
sdh2903

posted on 6/2/13 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
more ebay woes

Just sold a diff for spares on eBay and stated quite clearly that it was UK only. Winning bidder turned out to be from Madrid. I politely messaged him and asked to cancel the transaction. He refused and told me to send to alternate unverified addresses. Again to cover my arse with ebay and the amount of scams going about I politely refused and filed a cancel transaction request. He refused again and has now left negative feedback citing I wouldn't sell to him because he's foreign!!

Now trying to deal with ebay to get the feedback removed off my 600+ 100% positive record. The whole feedback system is so loaded to the buyer and is flawed as this guy hasn't completed checkout or received anything yet is still able to leave negative derogatory comments.

Why someone hasn't started a rival company to ebay I'll never know

dhutch

posted on 6/2/13 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
Yes, if you have detailed UK only he is an idiot.

I would play lightly on the 'not posting to him because hes foreign' and focus on 'its heavy and not worth the postage'

Daniel

jabs

posted on 6/2/13 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
Cannot you report buyers now, never had to do it so don't know what exactly you can report them for

[Edited on 6/2/13 by jabs]

sdh2903

posted on 6/2/13 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
I have reported him for trying to get the item shipped to an unconfirmed address but I'm not sure what they actually do about it. ebay have now credited my final item fees buy have ignored my request for feedback removal which is what I'm more bothered about to be honest. The guy has effectively accused me of being racist because I won't ship it abroad. eBay customer service are painfull to deal with.

Peteff

posted on 6/2/13 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
You can't just write UK bidders only in the description, you have to change it in your ebay settings. Link

[Edited on 6/2/13 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

sdh2903

posted on 6/2/13 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
I didn't know you could do that Pete cheers. you live and learn.

r1_pete

posted on 6/2/13 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
Don't expect much help from eBay either,

On another issue their policy states

'eBay requires all sellers listing on eBay.co.uk to offer payments through PayPal (with some limited exceptions). In most cases, other payment options may be offered as well.'

But didn't uphold my complaint when a seller insisted on a Postal Order for a £5 item.

I have sent stuff overseas without problems, including a £1500 set of Webers with no problems, its just expensive, and if the buyer pays.... I charged £150 for shipping the webers, tracked and insured to £2000, actual price of shipping was £120, you have to cover any unforseen costs!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
wylliezx9r

posted on 6/2/13 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry for hijacking but what diff is it ? I may be interested and you wont have to go through ebay, I'm after a 3.9 CWP.

Cheers Dan

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

matt_gsxr

posted on 6/2/13 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
Don't worry about it.
1 poor feedback in 600 won't put anyone off.

sdh2903

posted on 6/2/13 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
it was a broken bmw LSD.

I know it's only 1 in 600 but it's the principle in that for once I ain't done anything wrong!

Benzine

posted on 6/2/13 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
Just looked at the ended auction page. In the postage and payments tabs it says:

£20.00 United Kingdom Standard Delivery (Other 48 Hour Courier)
Free collection in person United Kingdom Other Delivery (Collection in Person)

No option for overseas delivery listed

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
robinj66

posted on 6/2/13 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
You should agree to sell it to the Senor....

but tell him that the delivery costs are £3000. Call me and I'll take it personally for that money

jabs

posted on 6/2/13 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
You can put a reply to his feedback comment
MikeRJ

posted on 6/2/13 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
A friend of mine sells quite a few car parts, and despite stating UK only in his auctions at least half of them end up being won by people outside the UK. He quotes them an insane postage price to put them off, but quite often they are willing to pay it!
sdh2903

posted on 6/2/13 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
I generally don't have any issue with shipping abroad and have done it many times, even down to Australia. But on this occasion something wasn't quite right, he didn't want it sent to his own registered address, he wanted it sent to a friend in another part of Madrid. Then he demanded I posted it to another UK address who would then forward on. It had a whiff of a scam, so I thought it best to cancel the transaction, however he thought different and left me bad feedback. I could reply but I'd rather it was removed.

[Edited on 6/2/13 by sdh2903]

jps

posted on 6/2/13 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
I've just started using eBay (mainly as a consequence of starting to build a car!) and have already had a couple of experiences that have left me feeling slightly unimpressed.

1. Last autumn I sold an (expensive) bicycle to someone who was particularly awkward about paying an initial deposit by PayPal - although he did offer to pay by bank transfer and did so once I provided my details. He also negotiated on collection AFTER winning the auction rather than before, but by then he'd won the auction and there wasn't much I could do but agree to drive a round trip of 150 miles to meet him... And, with the stress of trying to find him in the Bluewater shopping centre carpark, I forgot to check he'd included the agreed additional £15 for me meeting him there in the wedge of cash he handed over - which he hadn't of course...

2. Just this weekend I successful 'won' a set of alloys from someone less than 15 miles away. They'd listed them with a starting price of £50 and a 'Buy-it-now' of £120. I was the only bidder - so snapped them up at £50. Funnily enough he hasn't replied to my messages about collecting them - so I can only assume he wanted a higher sale price... Thankfully he'd listed them as cash on collection - so I haven't lost out financially...

So as both a buyer and a seller I am feeling eBay is definitely something to be highly cautious with...!

on_eighty_runner

posted on 6/2/13 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
You haven't offered to post it a abroad so you don't have to offer.
You have however offered uk postage and that's what was asked in the second place. If he wants to ship on his risk and cost.

I would assume that all addresses are unverified first time they are used so is a risk for all irrespective of where the bidder is.

I am regularly on the opposite side here in ireland with UK delivery only.
i ask politely first for a direct shipment and if not i re use my old uk address and ship to my companies office in MK. Which is now a verified address.

bigfoot4616

posted on 6/2/13 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
recently had a winning bidder from portugal despite stating uk only. he was ok about it and transaction was cancelled. felt a little guilty about not just sending it to him anyway when a few weeks later he left me positive feedback
sdh2903

posted on 8/2/13 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
update.

Well ebay customer service have actually done their job for a change. My final item fees have been credited and today they have agreed to remove the negative feedback.Very pleased.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.