Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How much does a v5 add to value of 2nd hand chassis?
R1 STRIKER

posted on 13/2/13 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
How much does a v5 add to value of 2nd hand chassis?

Hi guys. as the title really. Looking at a 2nd hand striker rolling chassis with body work. Car was sva'd prob 10 years ago now been stripped for parts.

What do you think its worth?

Would just be basic rolling chassis, body work and v5.

Difficult question to answer I know but any help welcome.

Thanks

matt_gsxr

posted on 13/2/13 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
IVA costs £600 plus a load of effort, so in simple terms it must add about that much to the identical parts without IVA.
iank

posted on 13/2/13 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
Trite answer "what someone is prepared to pay"

More usefully (possibly) my opinion is a valid V5 that matches the chassis (i.e. in this case says "Sylva Striker" is worth the cost of an IVA test plus a retest and maybe the cost of any of the bits that seem to fall off after the test. Probably around £600.
The car itself is assuming the chassis is in a fit state for rebuild and doesn't need significant repair, suspension is in place and bodywork is ok then that's £700 to £1200.

So maybe £1300 to £1800 total.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

R1 STRIKER

posted on 14/2/13 at 07:09 AM Reply With Quote
I know the car from new so its definetly the right v5 etc. Will go and see what's there and what condition it's in sometime over the next week and go from there.
Not Anumber

posted on 14/2/13 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
How much is he asking for it ?
owelly

posted on 14/2/13 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
I bought a kit car a few years ago and the seller had sold the V5 and chassis tags to a Belgian bloke for £1200. I'll not open the ringing debate so as a legitimate chassis with correct id and V5 I'd say £1000+

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chillis

posted on 14/2/13 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
When investigating 'wrung' kitcars the rule seems very much to be 'the V5 stays with the chassis' so unless the chassis is legitimately replaced as part of a repair or restoration then the V5 should be surrendered once the chassis is scrapped. I can see no problem with selling just a chassis with logbook and it would have a value IMHO equal to the cost of the IVA. Once the V5 and chassis have been separated then the V5 only has criminal value.

Never under estimate the ingenuity of an idiot!

R1 STRIKER

posted on 14/2/13 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
Just to clear up, I know v5 belongs to this chassis and there is no damage to it. Its not a write off or anything like that. Was only stripped to use running gear to build a new car which was iva'd again. Not said how much, he's asked me to make an offer so going to go have a look and chat with him to strike a deal.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.