Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: replica porsche 917/962
thunder

posted on 17/2/13 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
replica porsche 917/962

Hello!

I am looking for a replica kit cars porsche 917 or 962. The RCR in the United States proposes the kits.
Are also found in UK kit built very well and with excellent characteristics for the track?

BR
Luca

ettore bugatti

posted on 17/2/13 at 11:59 PM Reply With Quote
I know Faroux sportscar (based in The Netherlands) are busy developing a kit on a Porsche Boxster

http://www.farouxsportscars.com/917k/

Mr Noo

posted on 22/2/13 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Luca,

The Faroux 917k is a kit version of the car I have scratch built http://www.flickr.com/photos/47153142@N03/sets/72157623861979360/ over the last 4 years. The car would be suitable for track use, we have engineered the uprights/suspension and chassis to cope with 500bhp, brakes are 297mm rears and 300mm front with 4 pots all round, so it`ll stop ok. We will be offering an option of rose joint suspension all round (currently we use rose joints on the outer joints and bushes on the inner joints)
Regarding the chassis, it is tubular steel, all laser cut (cad designed) using the Faroux notch system. It will be made from CDS steel so plenty strong enough. The rear bulkhead has been moved back 6 inches to allow taller drivers to fit and pedals to be placed behind the wheel centre line.
Engines... You would be able to fit any Porsche flat 6 engine in, I chose the Boxster s as plenty around and quite cheap, am putting a 3.4 DFI engine in mine so should be around 340 bhp in a car with a target weight of around 850 kg. You could turbo charge the Boxster engine (3.4 turbocharged would be around 500 bhp!!!!)
The first works chassis is being welded this week in Holland on the jig.
If you are interested in any info please contact Marcel at Faroux Sports Cars as he is handling sales etc as I am too busy!!
But I will also answer any of your questions!.
best regards Chris

slingshot2000

posted on 22/2/13 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Chris,
I have just looked through your photographs, from start to finish. May I just say that your work on this looks outstanding, you have some superb skills. I cannot wait to see one of these finished and on the road/track.

Regards
Jon

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.