Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ford M16 calliper brake pipes
Disgruntled karter

posted on 18/2/13 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
Ford M16 calliper brake pipes

Hi Could anybody make me a pair of the short 'solid' pipes that fit from the calliper to the bracket that fits in the rear of the calliper. Think they would be the same as originally have been fitted to a Cortina. I believe some people put the flex pipe straight in to the calliper but there isn't a machined surface on the calliper so reluctant to do this.

I don't have original part so afraid I don't know what the thread is, or how long they would need to be. So hoping that sombody has made them before and knows what I need, but would be a male (calliper end) to male bulkhead (bracket fitting end) fitting

Beer tokens waiting Many thanks Graham

britishtrident

posted on 18/2/13 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
They really need to be made to measure really best to spend £40 quid on the tool (Power Hand or identical Franklin or Draper Expert Hand held on car type I can highly recommend).

If you really need them made up at a push you can carefully measure the length require using solid cooper wire and adding an extra allowance for the greater bend radius required for the thicker pipe.

The fiitings and flares required are (1) Caliper end: male M10 DIN single convex DIN (2) Pipe end: female M10 double (convex + concave) DIN.

SAE flares are different from DIN but in practice using SAE in place of DIN flares works as long as the flares are plump well made flares and the system carefully checked for leaks.

[Edited on 18/2/13 by britishtrident]

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.