Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Back on the road again
Benzine

posted on 1/4/13 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
Back on the road again

After a long time off the road I've just got my car MOT'd and back on the road. After much thought I've gone for a diesel engine this time round. The battery in my camera is flat and I can't find the charger so can't get any pics atm, so I've done a quick photoshop to show what it looks like Goes like stink!

atb

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ReMan

posted on 1/4/13 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Groovy, but I think you need to check on the max working angles for u/j's

What engine is that, 3cyl?

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ō≈ōﺣ

sdh2903

posted on 1/4/13 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
need to check the date methinks

six mad

posted on 1/4/13 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
Hmm Kubota nice choice, fuel enconomy will fantastic
Benzine

posted on 1/4/13 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coozer

posted on 1/4/13 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
Interesting... some video with sound would be nice..

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Westy1994

posted on 1/4/13 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
Sound for video works for me, however its best if you turn it off again !!!!, Someone has fitted an oil burner into a 7 before, I just can't place where I saw the photos...
Benzine

posted on 1/4/13 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
the weather forecast for my area on tues/weds looks spiffing, it's been freezing/wet/snowy for so long here. I'll try and get some decent video then
sdh2903

posted on 1/4/13 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
I'm all for ingenuity, but you've ruined one of my favorite cars on here, shame on you! diesels belong in rep mobiles and tractors.

What's with the wooden scuttle you going all locust?

StrikerChris

posted on 1/4/13 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
This might be an april fool but I do remember reading in some magazine they were building a Westfield or something with a vag derv in it . Probably something like practical performance cars or retro cars . Anyone else remember? Was it ever finished and how did it go if it was?

Chris

Westy1994

posted on 1/4/13 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StrikerChris
This might be an april fool but I do remember reading in some magazine they were building a Westfield or something with a vag derv in it . Probably something like practical performance cars or retro cars . Anyone else remember? Was it ever finished and how did it go if it was?

Chris

Yes, thats the one, as I posted above about.. I wasn't sure if it was a Westy or not but now you mentioned it, I found this

Furyous

posted on 1/4/13 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote

125bhp and 60mpg. You could probably get similar results from a modern 1.4L petrol.

I'd be interested in a modern BMW 2.0 diesel. They can get over 200bhp just with a remap, and the big, heavy 320d can do well over 60mpg so it should be much higher in a lightweight 7. I have no idea how big and heavy the engine is, though.

morcus

posted on 1/4/13 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
I think the one to watch is that new Ford engine, I hear they're making a production version of the road going Formula ford that was in the mags last year.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

franky

posted on 1/4/13 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
Sorted out that diff ratio yet?
Benzine

posted on 4/4/13 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
I'm all for ingenuity, but you've ruined one of my favorite cars on here, shame on you! diesels belong in rep mobiles and tractors.

What's with the wooden scuttle you going all locust?

Ruined? It's gone from not working to working The price of a new scuttle/battery panel made my eyes water so I made one.

quote:
Originally posted by franky
Sorted out that diff ratio yet?

Starting to think about it now I'm getting some miles covered to get a feel for the car first then I'll investigate further. Thanks again for the diff

I made a short vid. I included some footage of the car at idle, because I know most people love the sound of a diesel at idle.

sdh2903

posted on 4/4/13 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
my ears! my ears!

make it stop, get another proper engine

femster87

posted on 4/4/13 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
What geatbox are you using?
vanepico

posted on 4/4/13 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine

The car like that looks so awesome, like a ratrod, and the pale colours mixed with the exposed radiator and steelies just add to the effect, put a grey and black numberplate discreetly on the front and leave it!

I was thinking of doing a 7 with a diesel just so i could run it on vegetable oil Get a nice exaust and it'll sound a bit better

Will CAD for food/money/beer...

Benzine

posted on 6/4/13 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by femster87
What geatbox are you using?

LT77 from an LDV Pilot. Not ideal but for now low cost and bolt on

quote:
Originally posted by vanepico
The car like that looks so awesome, like a ratrod, and the pale colours mixed with the exposed radiator and steelies just add to the effect, put a grey and black numberplate discreetly on the front and leave it!

I was thinking of doing a 7 with a diesel just so i could run it on vegetable oil Get a nice exaust and it'll sound a bit better

Thanks! Yeah I wish I could run it all the time without a bonnet, and old plates would be nice I've made a long exhaust for it now and it sounds great. I'll be running it on veg soon, I'm bosch pumped so ready to go!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.