Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Your chance to challenge the Gov....
Westy1994

posted on 1/4/13 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Your chance to challenge the Gov....

I read this article today and thought it would be interesting to follow, I then found another one which has thrown the gauntlet down, even if you are not affected , sign up if you want to see if the folks that dictate the rules can actually live by them.

Votes have been going nuts, over 50k in just 4 hours... Be worth watching even if you dont sign.

Ninehigh

posted on 1/4/13 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Can they balls, it won't be discussed and nothing will come of it as usual. I can't live on £53 a week and all I do is go to my horrible job I should be thankful for (I'm not) and have no other life outside of it.

perksy

posted on 1/4/13 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Signed

He said he can do it, So prove it....

He lives rent free and if you have a good look on the web you'll see some of the things he has claimed for in expenses
and We've all paid for

Don't condome folks living off the state and taking the p*ss
but this 'un-elected government' have gone too far this time...

Slimy38

posted on 1/4/13 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
You can spin that a lot of ways though. I'm fairly sure that if I didn't have to pay rent and bills, and I didn't run a car, and didn't have to go out each day to earn my money, and I didn't have dependents, I could live on that much.
JoelP

posted on 1/4/13 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
That £53 figure is a load of bollocks. The guy says he works 50 hour weeks to take home £2700 quid. Well, he needs to go f**k himself and get a proper job then. Why should the taxpayer prop him up so he can keep on with a failed business?

And FWIW, you can easily live on £53 after rent and bills. You buy food and fook all else, and if that doesnt seem fun, well do something about it.

Honestly, ive had it up to my eyeballs with people moaning about these benefit cuts.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

mark chandler

posted on 1/4/13 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
The market trader maintains he can live on the money with tax credits etc, no reason why IDS cannot either, what's the grizzle?

@ £2,700 p.a which is far below the minimum wage it must be his choice to be a market trader, benefits are to keep you going not to improve your life, that's your own responsibility.

Maybe that makes me a bastard, from 12 I had a paper round, added mowing neighbours lawns at 14 and have never been out of work.

Could I live on £53 a week after bills are paid, yes I could easily feed myself on that.

Ninehigh

posted on 1/4/13 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
The guy says he works 50 hour weeks to take home £2700 quid. Well, he needs to go f**k himself and get a proper job then.

Well he can have my job and I'll have his and earn this mythical "living" I hear so much about. I work 50 hour weeks and take "home" half that

mark chandler

posted on 1/4/13 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
quote:
The guy says he works 50 hour weeks to take home £2700 quid. Well, he needs to go f**k himself and get a proper job then.

Well he can have my job and I'll have his and earn this mythical "living" I hear so much about. I work 50 hour weeks and take "home" half that

Are you mixing per month with per year?

JoelP

posted on 1/4/13 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

You must be kidding, he says he has £2.5k a YEAR spare, no way you can be left with half that.

Id point out that i have been there a few years back, i did a year of 60 hour weeks and my tax return that year showed £11k earned. It was a bad year for business, but i never scrounged a penny and worked my way out of it. It honestly boils my wee these people wanting my money.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Ninehigh

posted on 1/4/13 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

You must be kidding, he says he has £2.5k a YEAR spare, no way you can be left with half that.

Id point out that i have been there a few years back, i did a year of 60 hour weeks and my tax return that year showed £11k earned. It was a bad year for business, but i never scrounged a penny and worked my way out of it. It honestly boils my wee these people wanting my money.

Oh a year? Ahhh... Spare money? Rich barstud I'm in debt from the cost of working.

Shall unsubscribe to this before I really lose it

Westy1994

posted on 1/4/13 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
You are kind of missing the point. IDS stated he could live on £53 a week ( to live - from that I conclude all costs involved in a daily life are included, ie rent/morgage food , energy etc etc., that was the reason for posting, not the fact that the trader worked at all.
mark chandler

posted on 1/4/13 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
David Bennett said he earned around £2,700 last year - around £50 a week - and has had to borrow money after his housing benefit was cut to £57 a week.
It later emerged that Mr Bennett also gets tax credits, which can be worth between £37 and £50 from the Government. However, he is left with just £53 a week after paying rent and bills.

All that's not clear is if he counts food as bills or not, most market traders have vans, mobile phones which all get spun into bills.

It could be he has £53 a week for fags and beer...

benefits are to keep you going, you are responsible for improving your own life !

So what's the point of the poll, IDS does not need to prove anything, there are millions of people already doing it, I would suggest that he works long hard hours, at some point has gained a decent education, okay he may have been born with a silver spoon in his mouth but everyone can improve their education.

Could the market trader do IDS's job, infact could anyone on the forum ?

The poll then is just a waste of time.....

[Edited on 1/4/13 by mark chandler]

Westy1994

posted on 1/4/13 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
It 'could' be yes, in which case I live on less - much less, although you dont want at my house if you dont like beans , as I say the point was that IDS said he could manage . for someoone that lives the high life, it would be nice to see if he could, this was not meant to provoke attacks on those who cant work..

perksy

posted on 1/4/13 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler

So what's the point of the poll, IDS does not need to prove anything, there are millions of people already doing it, I would suggest that he works long hard hours, at some point has gained a decent education, okay he may have been born with a silver spoon in his mouth but everyone can improve their education.

Could the market trader do IDS's job, infact could anyone on the forum ?

The poll then is just a waste of time.....

[Edited on 1/4/13 by mark chandler]

Fact is he made a statement that he could live on an amount of money, So over 50k of the electorate (and rising by the hour) are now saying "prove it"
He lives rent free on an Estate owned by the family with a nice swimming pool to boot, so not an ideal comparison to most of the working population ?
It must be really nice to sit in judgement of folk when he hasn't tried what they have (yet)
He probably 'works' long hours, but then i guess it depends on what you call work ? and no doubt he has a hefty staff to look after him.

Don't think its anything to do with the market trader or anybody else really, just that he's made a statement and the electorate are merely saying "ok, prove it.."
Luckily we live in a democracy where these questions can be asked.

So now well over 50k of the electorate don't think its a waste of time....

He won't do it of course and by the time the spin doctors have finished with the story tomorrow, it'll all be the market traders fault

At the end of the day it all doesn't really matter as they are finished after the next election anyway.
That's *If* there's any sort of a country left to vote over by then.......

Westy1994

posted on 1/4/13 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
^^ Thank you, I dont think folks are reading the second link i gave, or not reading it correctly..

I doubt anything will come it either, but folks should watch what they say on 'Live' radio because 94 1/2 thousand folks want him to carry out his pledge. ( As at 11pm)

[Edited on 1/4/13 by Westy1994]

ceebmoj

posted on 1/4/13 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
unfortunately I cant remember the name but i'm sure a Tory MP did a life swap program a couple of years back and managed fine living on JSA. a bit more googeling and im sure I will find the link
ashg

posted on 1/4/13 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
I did ok on £25 A WEEK back in my student days even had money for beer

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

woodster

posted on 1/4/13 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
I've signed .... ..... He should stand by what he's said, although I doubt he will , put up or shut up so to speak
coozer

posted on 1/4/13 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
Best way to challenge the goverment is to vote UKIP! Simple.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Westy1994

posted on 1/4/13 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
I did as well, back when it was at 20K, I am astounded its past 100K now, I wonder what will happen... Hate to be him in the morning, back at work after the Easter break.
Confused but excited.

posted on 1/4/13 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
The last time they tried to get MPs to live on what they would get in benefits, one went off with his week's money and came back two hours later for "the rest of his money", as he thought the money that he had been given was for his lunch!

quote:
Honestly, ive had it up to my eyeballs with people moaning about these benefit cuts.

Then consider yourself lucky to have never needed to live on benefits.
I would be over the moon if I had £53 left to live on after I had paid my bills.
I have just had a pay rise of 1%, with inflation running at 3%+. That means that yet again my weeks money will be worth less than it was last year and the year before.
No, I'm not wingeing. It's just remarks like that boil my p1ss!
And before I get labelled a scrounger, I worked all my life and harder than most, paid NI contributions that were supposed to cover my pension, yeh right. If I had paid as much into a private pension scheme I would have been way better off.
F*ck me, I'm turning into Victor Meldrew.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

hughpinder

posted on 2/4/13 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
Well if you count Mortgage, rates, electric, water, heating and car costs as 'the bills', then I have about 500 per month to live on, - there are 3 of us though, so thats about £42 per week each (food, clothes,cleaning materials, alcohol,the dogs, dental, glasses etc ...), and I think I have a decent lifestyle from that, so £53, IF thats what its for is more than enough. My figure is a bit of a cheat as my missus also earns - we just use all her money for holidays/luxurys so its not 'normal' income if you like, and we could live without it.
I met a retired guy in morissons a couple of years ago and we were chatting in the queue at the till - he recons he gets food for him and his missus for £10 per week - he has just learnt what time they put the food into the 'sell today' discounted shelves and buys everything from there. He had decent food in his basket - a lot of fish and fruit/veg/milk etc only last a day or so, so its on there at the end of the day that you would have bought it 'fresh' in the morning (no drink though)

Regards
Hugh

britishtrident

posted on 2/4/13 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
Food prices are rocketing initially it was hidden by stealth changes to pack sizes and down grading on quality.

We thank to the Thatcher era have destroyed our industrial base, now we also destroyed whole swathes of highly productive efficient agricultural and are dependant on food from eastern Europe and Asia.

At the same time the country is facing excessive immigration which is distorting the jobs market from the low end up, it used to be if you were stuck in a dirty smelly pleasant job at least you got paid a decent enough wage to live on.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

Peteff

posted on 2/4/13 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident it used to be if you were stuck in a dirty smelly pleasant job at least you got paid a decent enough wage to live on.

I wouldn't call a dirty smelly job pleasant There are a few food related factories round here processing chickens and they only seem to employ itinerant immigrants. The owner of one of them was prosecuted last year for importing illegal immigrants and paying them just enough for their accommodation and cigarettes. They don't seem to need food you can go past any time of day and see a crowd of them outside smoking and on the phone. It's jobs no-one wants to do, there are plenty of young ones round here who are better off on dole than they were on pocket money and seem to make enough to get to the pub to the betting shop.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

perksy

posted on 2/4/13 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
Well the petition is now in excess of 250.000 people, most of which will be voters

I think Mr Duncan Smith might just be paying a bit more attention to what he says in future....

Like i said before though, there finished at the next election and senior members of the Tory party have already said that unless they turn it around they'll be giving after dinner speeches instead of ******* us up for good & proper.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.