Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: x flow water pump pipe?
panichat

posted on 2/4/13 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
x flow water pump pipe?

Hi
I need the heater pipe take off nozzle to fit to a ford x-flow water pump but I can't find the part on the Burton site or ebay.
Does anyone know the correct name for this part or have a part number so I can search more effectively?
Thanks
Dave

Staple balls

posted on 2/4/13 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
I assume you mean the threaded take off bit? You'll just be after a hose barb of some flavour.

If you measure the hole/plug if you have one, someone will give you the specs before long.

I suspect it may be 1/4" NPT, but don't trust me

panichat

posted on 2/4/13 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
Yes..

... that's the bit I'm after - if anyone knows the thread I'd be really interested.
Westy1994

posted on 2/4/13 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
I have one here, although I was going to keep it to fit a heater should we be descending in to another iceage , if no one else can help I will send you mine, how far off will you need this , is it like 'that's all you need to be on the road' type thing ?.

ETA.

If you are not using a heater, and simply want something to 'blank' it off, your local motor factors will have a sump plug that will fit, thats what's in mine - dont ask me from which car I dont know, I just went through all the ones they had till it fitted...

[Edited on 2/4/13 by Westy1994]

panichat

posted on 2/4/13 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
What a kind offer
Actually it is not urgent or vital - it is just for a spare engine that I've been gradually putting together so I am just collecting the bits needed to finish it off.
Dave

Westy1994

posted on 2/4/13 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, no worries, incidentally, often when you get new dash gauges you will get the sensor to match it, these very often come with an adapters that are used to fit the sensor to your application, having had some last year a lot of them fit the Xflow thread, you may well then find you have a heater takeoff that will fit the new adapter insert - just ideas thats all.
rusty nuts

posted on 2/4/13 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look at carb mounting accessories in the Burton catalogue for water take off's. Straight FP477, 135 degree elbow FP479 and 90 degree elbow FP478
panichat

posted on 3/4/13 at 06:58 AM Reply With Quote
Perfect - thanks

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.