Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Would like to purchase plans
CollegeBoy

posted on 10/4/13 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
Would like to purchase plans

Hi Guys,

finally i have been able to register her after trying for weeks to get my account verified.

For a college project starting in September as part of my mechanical engineering course, I would like to purchase plans for a car as the college will not provide funding and since we only have one day a week official building time we do not have the time to design our own car seeing as we only have seven months to build.

I am not sure which design at this stage to go for but am really interested in formula 1 cars so would love plans for a build similar to that make-up, however am open to every option.

I would have loved to take part in Formula Student but am restrained due to funding as mentioned.

I look forward to hearing from all who is interested and am excited at reading through this forum.

Regards,

CollegeBoy

DarrenW

posted on 11/4/13 at 05:22 AM Reply With Quote
Hello collegeBoy,

Welcome to the madhouse.

You might get a bit of reluctance for people to come forward and offer to sell you plans at first until we get to know you. Biggest reason might be though that not many people will have what you are looking for so fingers crossed, but dont be surprised if their is a bit of a wait. You might get more luck buying a chassis on the quiet, develop some plans of your own based on it then 'making' your own. ie modify it to personalise it for college course purposes.

Look out for Flakmonkey. I remember he project managed a student formula build when he was at University. He may not have plans but im sure will give some practical advice on the process of building a car at college in such a short space of time with limited funds.

Good luck.

CollegeBoy

posted on 11/4/13 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
thanks for quick reply

i can understand peoples reluctance to pass their much loved plans over, I would be the same . This site is fantastic and the level of projects is something i would love to aspire to.

I have been contacted by one kind member all ready so that is a fantastic result.

scudderfish

posted on 11/4/13 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
Of course in contacting this board and getting info, you are now honour bound to put up a thread with lots of photos as you make progress
CollegeBoy

posted on 12/4/13 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
have been offered plans already from a very kind member just going to bump up this thread once more to see if anyone else would like to share.
RK

posted on 12/4/13 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
Are the McSorley locost plans not freely available?
scootz

posted on 13/4/13 at 06:29 AM Reply With Quote
I sell you plan.

Send to me bank details and I send you plans.

Salutations,

Kojo Mfonobong

It's Evolution Baby!

designer

posted on 13/4/13 at 07:06 AM Reply With Quote
Surely, it's not the right way to start a college project by cheating!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CollegeBoy

posted on 13/4/13 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
in response to last comment, we simply haven't enough time to design our own space frame so we intend to modify any plans we get to show innovation.

I am doing my best to do a project like this, I want to push the boat so to speak with a project like this rather than a agricultural or environmental project (boring).

I have 1 day a week along with 8 subjects to cover so I do not feel its cheating

cps13

posted on 13/4/13 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer
Surely, it's not the right way to start a college project by cheating!

I think the OP outlined the reason why he wasn't designing his own chassis at the start! And building from plans and designing your own are very different tasks.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.