Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: breakers????
tj4ord

posted on 3/10/04 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
breakers????

hiya all! Can any1 suggest any good breakers on the net where i could get a zetec engine + ancillarys from?

And how much should i be ex[ecting to pay?

many thanx

zilspeed

posted on 3/10/04 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
I would look on good old ebay first.

In fact I just have done and searching for completed auctions confirms a sold 1.8 with ancills for £100 and a 1.6 with ancills for £31.

No breaker will sell you one for this sort of money.

dave1888

posted on 3/10/04 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
I was quoted £300 less ancills from a breaker without a gaurentee. If you buy the whole car at least you can here it running? it also gives you the chance to service and tune before you remove it from the car

Mark Allanson

posted on 3/10/04 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
The best thing about buying the complete car is that you are guarenteed of getting ALL the little bits to make it run, don't forget things like fuel pumps, relays.

And then you get all the other bits free, seat belt bolts, loom, steering column, brakes & pedals.....and if you use enough of it, you don't get a Q plate

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

zetec

posted on 3/10/04 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
My local one will do one for £200, as said depends if you want just the bare engine or all the injectors etc. If you get one from a breakers ask them to run it while it's still in the car, the last one I got did this no probs.
Vet Will

posted on 4/10/04 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Just buy complete cars and do the wrecking yourself

I have bought two complete scrap cars, both form local wreckers, both for £40 pounds.

Will

Will

JoelP

posted on 4/10/04 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
i agree about buying the complete vehicle, ive bought two bike engines seperate from the bikes and it makes you realise just how much extra stuff there is to have. Ive been lucky with these two that starter, altenator and gearboxes were all present. Stuff like the cdi, the coils, the clutch actuator, carbs, airbox engine sensors, throttle cables, sprocket covers, wiring etc can all be missing, its lots of ball ache putting it back together. Fortunately my engines actually had most of the stuff present, the most annoying bit is the missing coils on one and the clutch lever on the other.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.