Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Debt Collector Wanted
slingshot2000

posted on 12/4/13 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
Debt Collector Wanted

Can anyone recommend me a debt collector in the Peterborough area. This is a debt of £2000.00, owed to me for work done and materials supplied. Debtor is not denying debt, just fobbing me off and lying about monies sent.
I live 200miles away, and due to a recent heart attack, do not currently feel up to visiting him myself.
Any help/advice gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Jon

scootz

posted on 12/4/13 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Is your client north or south of you?

It's Evolution Baby!

slingshot2000

posted on 12/4/13 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
South of me. I am in Durham (Northeast England), they are in Peterborough (East-Midlands).
MakeEverything

posted on 12/4/13 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
Wont it be cheaper to file a claim through small claims court, than sell the debt?

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

Dualist

posted on 12/4/13 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
u2u sent.

Rotary build coming soon...

quote:
Originally posted by RichardK
I recently discovered that pigs can p i s s sideways when being transported

Not Anumber

posted on 12/4/13 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
Ive heard some good things said about Stiles & co who are located in Brigg in the Midlands http://stilesandco.co.uk/

r1_pete

posted on 12/4/13 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
You would think the small claims court would be the way to go, but, there is no guarantee of satisfaction if you win.

2008 I took someone for £5000 for crap workmanship. Total cost about £250

Won the case, and awarded £5000 + all costs.

He paid nothing, then went back and got an adjustment - £5 a month!!!!!

Stopped paying again.

Went back for enforcement, they want another £80.

Then court say it needs another hearing £50 please....

So all in all I've spent approaching £400 on court fees, and had about £50 in payments....

I'm now involving the Sherrifs, but thats even more money......

Very jaded view of such proceedings, big mates, balaclavas and baseball bats would yield more satisfaction

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JAMSTER

posted on 12/4/13 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
who is it
slingshot2000

posted on 12/4/13 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
Very jaded view of such proceedings, big mates, balaclavas and baseball bats would yield more satisfaction

Thats exactly the kind of thing I am looking for, he has allready started fobbing off proper channels and is just playing the game!

slingshot2000

posted on 12/4/13 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dualist
u2u sent.

Thanks you, adice taken and reply sent !

twybrow

posted on 12/4/13 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slingshot2000
quote:

Thats exactly the kind of thing I am looking for, he has allready started fobbing off proper channels and is just playing the game!

I have exactly the same going on right now! Won a small claims court case for £910 + costs after a dry cleaners dyed my wife's designer wedding dress bright orange, despite being asked (and we have a receipt to prove) just to inspect the dress and give us their opinion on whether they could clean it. The owner of the business it is against has been giving me the run around for 6 weeks since winning, and has now told me he has sold the business. I have no idea what to do now...

Any advice? It is near Southampton if that helps!

slingshot2000

posted on 12/4/13 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JAMSTER
who is it

Unfortunately he is the "friend" of a good friend of mines brother. We did work for him and he is just fobbing us off with one lie after another.
If you work in his area I would be willing to name him and his buisiness in a private u2u, to stop him doing this to a fellow Locoster, but I am not going to name him in a public forum.

Regards
Jon

theduck

posted on 12/4/13 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
quote:
quote:

I have exactly the same going on right now! Won a small claims court case for £910 + costs after a dry cleaners dyed my wife's designer wedding dress bright orange, despite being asked (and we have a receipt to prove) just to inspect the dress and give us their opinion on whether they could clean it. The owner of the business it is against has been giving me the run around for 6 weeks since winning, and has now told me he has sold the business. I have no idea what to do now...

Ltd business or sole trader?

If ltd then it's the business by the individual. If sole trader its the individual.

twybrow

posted on 12/4/13 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theduck
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
quote:
quote:

Ltd business or sole trader?

If ltd then it's the business by the individual. If sole trader its the individual.

that is a good question. I cannot find any reference at Company's House (tried searches by all variations of the name). I have been into the shop and they have nothing on the walls to say what they are trading name is, so I contacted Trading Standards, who have lit a rocket up the owners backside! I have his name (foreign!), but not knowing whether that name is correct, or whether the company is trading under a different name, I dont know what to do next. I plan to go back into the shop to see if they have now got something on the wall (legal obligation).

Ninehigh

posted on 12/4/13 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Keep on the proper channels, take all the procedures and give them fair time to respond. It took me previous employers 11 months, 2 bailiff visits and the second hearing before they paid up (at the second hearing the judge tore into them for not paying and gave them 7 days)

It'll take time but you'll get your money. Imo last line is an application to freeze their bank accounts. The court goes straight to the bank and they don't get told.

Also telling the judge how much they've fobbed you off helps

martyn1137

posted on 12/4/13 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
I have used Central Detective Agency in the past with very good effect to recover unpaid small debts. Sorry I don't have their number to hand. Google will find them. They are based in High Wycombe.
slingshot2000

posted on 13/4/13 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
quote:
quote:

Keep on the proper channels, take all the procedures and give them fair time to respond. It took me previous employers 11 months, 2 bailiff visits and the second hearing before they paid up (at the second hearing the judge tore into them for not paying and gave them 7 days)

It'll take time but you'll get your money. Imo last line is an application to freeze their bank accounts. The court goes straight to the bank and they don't get told.

Also telling the judge how much they've fobbed you off helps

Did you even read my original post????

I am recovering from a hear attack, or I would be collecting this myself !!!

I am looking for someone who will walk in his front door and collect the money he owes me !

I am not in the position to wait the best part of a year for him to pay me, I have all ready had to pay my suppliers for goods installed in his premises. He has a daughter in private school and is driving a brand new car !!

Not Anumber

posted on 13/4/13 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
Why dont you put his details on here, then any of us who want to can give him a call. By the time the 5th unknown person rings him up he will be fairly sure he has made a few enemies and will be more inclined to behave himself.

Ninehigh

posted on 13/4/13 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I am looking for someone who will walk in his front door and collect the money he owes me !

The only legal way is court appointed bailiff then, which means there has to be a court order for them to pay. I really don't think there's a shorter way legally

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.