Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: etb digidash lite
RK

posted on 21/4/13 at 01:08 AM Reply With Quote
etb digidash lite

Anybody had trouble getting the tacho to work? It did work with my old CA18DET, but not with the new SR20DET (which does run a lot better - no more AEM ECU). I have tried using the input from the ECU, along with (and without) a resistor, as well as from a negative (earth) coil. It reads 0. The speedo and water temp finally works, and now the fuel is not coming up at all. I have checked all the earths over and over. All the lights flash when it starts up, so it is getting power to the unit itself.

I am tempted to go back to analogue gauges, which are actually a lot easier to read when driving anyways. The problem is too many wires. My wiring has never been very neat, and there is nobody to do it for me where I live. I have rewired all the gauges etc. 4 complete times, which is frankly, insane.

So to recap: the engine runs pretty well; I have more ground clearance with larger wheels, and more screwing down on the shocks; all the lights work, except the hazards (arghhh).

Anyways, ETB Digidash: anybody else have probs with the tacho?

Thank you as usual people!

rdodger

posted on 21/4/13 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
Re the hazards. The digidash has only 1 connection or the indicators. When I wired mine I had 2 feeds to it so it back fed through and the indicators/hazards didn't work properly. I added 2 diodes and it was happy days.

Sorry I can't help with the tacho. Have you configured the dash using the software for the fuel level?

RK

posted on 21/4/13 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
yes. it used to work, and I haven't changed anything. The tacho never worked with this engine.

[Edited on 21/4/13 by RK]

plantman

posted on 21/4/13 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
oooh nooo

I cant remember how i did it but it involved a 100ohm resistor i think it was in line with the wire rev sensor

the digi dash guys suggested it to me.... give them a ring

RK

posted on 21/4/13 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
i tried that. I am afraid the unit is broken. I have another tach to test. I'll report back.
flibble

posted on 21/4/13 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Fuel gauge on my ETB (digidash 1 - the old one) died, give etb a ring, they were very helpful/friendly and offered to fix it for free even though I wasn't the original buyer, it was 10 years old and I had no receipt etc, great company!
RK

posted on 21/4/13 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
Well, got the fuel gauge and things to work, including the speedo, but no tacho as yet. I suspect the wire from the ECU actually and will report back at the end of the week. Thank you though, I knew I could count on you.
Chet

posted on 22/4/13 at 01:10 AM Reply With Quote
My experience is that ETB puts out high quality products and fully supports them.
I believe if you call their technical support line you will be pleasantly surprised at both their technical knowledge and their willingness to help.

Chet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RK

posted on 22/4/13 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Chet. Yes, that has been my experience when I had other questions earlier.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.