Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Passed my first MOT today!
twybrow

posted on 2/5/13 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
Passed my first MOT today!

I passed my first MOT today - woohoo!

A hectic start, to find and fit a new battery, and then just as I left, one of my brake fluid sensors broke (grrrr), but despite these issues, I passed without even an advisory! So pleased! Now I just need tax and I can blast the winter cobwebs away!

Not Anumber

posted on 2/5/13 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
Mine passed its MOT today- but on it's retest after failing yesterday on:

Wipers (stupidly i'd somehow dislodged the motor lead when working behind the dash (30 seconds to find and fix).
N/S flexible brake hoses cable to touch the tyre on full lock (just needed a quarter turn on the union to change the curve)
Passenger seat back not rigid (a new part of the test and quickly resolved by a bolt)

I got a surprise advisory on the bottom ball joint dust covers which have deteriorated to the point of splitting - odd as both joints were replaced last year so I'm wondering if anyone sells replacement covers.

matt_gsxr

posted on 2/5/13 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
I passed my first MOT today too.

Couple of advisories, but the car has been standing for a year with no love so no great surprise.

Happy day

robinj66

posted on 2/5/13 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Not Anumber
I got a surprise advisory on the bottom ball joint dust covers which have deteriorated to the point of splitting - odd as both joints were replaced last year so I'm wondering if anyone sells replacement covers.

Have a look on Ebay - Eg, 2 X SLIDE-A-BOOT LARGE UNIVERSAL BALL JOINT TRACK ROD END RUBBER GREASE COVERS | eBay

Not Anumber

posted on 2/5/13 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Robin, covers ordered

PeteS2k

posted on 3/5/13 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
Also passed my first MOT today

I was curious to see what emissions criteria they went for (Q plate with a 2003 engine), after some suggestions that it may face the same standard as it had to for IVA 3 years ago. Visible smoke check only, though. I've still got an integral cat, so it was only curiosity rather than concern...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.