Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SAP?
Alan B

posted on 6/10/04 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
SAP?

Anyone familiar with this software?

A job application (not for me) asks for it....what is it?

Easy to learn?...etc.

Cheers

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JohnN

posted on 6/10/04 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
SAP was founded in 1972 in Walldorf, Germany. It stands for Systems, Applications and Products in Data Processing. The SAP R/3 enterprise application suite for open client/server systems has established a new standards for providing business information management solutions..........

or so Mr Google tells me, I do hear it mentioned a lot where I work, as a company wide system but then I thought it was Salaries And Payroll??

John

Alan B

posted on 6/10/04 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
Thx John....yeah I googled too....was looking for a translation into English..LOL

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
12a RX-7

posted on 6/10/04 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
we use it at work, nothing too spectacular really, a system for running an entire business ... not very engineer friendly although it's probably easy enough to work out for anyone who's competent with a PC

Alan B

posted on 6/10/04 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers..

So for someone who had never used it they could pick it up quickly?

mackie

posted on 6/10/04 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
To use it yes, to implement it no
DEAN C.

posted on 6/10/04 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Alan,I used Sap when working for ICI 10 years ago , where it was used to run the parts and stores and also machine schedules and routine maintenance programmes for us in the enginering side,just a basic programme by todays standards I think.
The way we used it was crude but it told us each day which services were planned and which parts we would need,and then automatically order the parts from the stores and debit the stores stock levels,this was also used to price overheads on each machine.
The only reason I think we had it was to make records of schedules etc to help gain a British Standard recognition and later an ISO recognition.
DEAN........

Once I've finished a project why do I start another?

alfasudsprint

posted on 6/10/04 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
Alan,
I know next to nothing about it but...the g/f has worked with it as an analyst for 5 years...its only used by BIG companies, it has different modules like one for personnel, one for stock control etc etc. Its highly specialsied and the training for support staff is bloody expensive, but that is for the people with a degree in computer science who solve problems when it goes kapput...users have training from an in house pro who already had SAP training...hope that helps, if you have specific q.'s I'll ask the pro for info, ok?
Tim

Alan B

posted on 8/10/04 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys.....good help as always..
Andy W

posted on 8/10/04 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
I use SAP PM at work, and have wasted many hours with it. The company I work is supposed to have had a 50 million budget for SAP. The way it works is just not user friendly. It would be like having to go back windows 3.1 when you've being used to XP. Saying that Bill Gates tried to buy it for 35 billion and got turned down.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.