Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: can someone recommend me a decent battery
daniel mason

posted on 13/5/13 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
can someone recommend me a decent battery

my battery is still losing charge and struggled to start the fury if not fully charged so can anyone recommend a decent lightweight battery which will be good enough to start the 919 blade motor? cheers

cerbera

posted on 13/5/13 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
The ones Russbost sells are certainly lightweight.

Linky doo dah

big_l

posted on 13/5/13 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Odessey 25 is the bollox starts the Busa well easy
Merlin Motorsport is the cheapest

Check out my blog mnrvortxhayabusa@blogspot.com

daniel mason

posted on 13/5/13 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
how good are the lithium ones? any dis advantages?

matt_gsxr

posted on 13/5/13 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
how good are the lithium ones? any dis advantages?

I'd worry about this new technology in a fibreglass car (Boeing Dreamliner?).

Odyssey pc680 works well for me.

perksy

posted on 13/5/13 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Another vote for the Odyssey PC680.
Last time i looked there was a Bike shop up in Yorkshire that was the cheapest and i found them using Google.

coozer

posted on 13/5/13 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
I used a red top 25 on my zetec that was specced for a buell 1200.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

russbost

posted on 13/5/13 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
I can match prices with the Odyssey range in terms of cranking power etc. & the Li Ion batteries are around 5 - 15kg lighter depending what spec you're looking at. The only way they will catch fire is if you set fire to the casing - not the same technology as the dreamliner batteries, TTBOMK there are no disadvantages in terms of use on a kitcar & many, many advantages

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
daniel mason

posted on 13/5/13 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
what would you recommend for a bec russ? and do you do an alloy battery box for them? cheers

mark chandler

posted on 13/5/13 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Just a thought, blade regulators are rubbish and the standard spade connectors continually overheat, are you sure your charging circuit is good?
daniel mason

posted on 13/5/13 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
i think so mark. the builder was absolutely meticulous and the regulater is mounted directly under a small fan that runs as soon as ignition is pressed. it runs relaively cool to be honest

[Edited on 13/5/13 by daniel mason]

russbost

posted on 14/5/13 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
what would you recommend for a bec russ? and do you do an alloy battery box for them? cheers

Hi Daniel

Recommended battery for the 919 blade is our part no. Lip010B, £136.99 normally I can do 10% off if we're dealing direct so £123.29 & £7.95 P & P. That's about a tenner more than a redtop 25 & over 5Kg lighter - I reckon you'd save the tenner in fuel over a years use!

Cheers Russ

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
nick205

posted on 14/5/13 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
Just a thought, blade regulators are rubbish and the standard spade connectors continually overheat, are you sure your charging circuit is good?

Have to say from your other post and this that there must be a question over charging. Can you swap the battery with a known good one to test and maybe fit the one from the kit in another vehicle to double test?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.