Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: CBR919 Best Clutch For BEC?
Proby

posted on 3/6/13 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
CBR919 Best Clutch For BEC?

Been out this afternoon for a blat, two up and the clutch has started slipping. (

What's the best to put in it?

Shall I put a standard genuine Honda in or an uprated job with uprated springs such as an EBC? There are a few different types of EBC when I have looked, not sure what to put in.

I'm not sure what's in it now as never taken the clutch out since I've had it, but assume it's standard.

I await the locost massive fountain of knowledge!

Visit GraphicMonster

dave_424

posted on 3/6/13 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
As everyone has told me before, OEM clutch fibers and steels are what you want, either EBC or barnett clutch springs if you don't want to go the route of a lockup clutch

Dave

Proby

posted on 3/6/13 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
OK thanks, I think I'll buy a set of OEM Honda Fibres and then strip it and check the condition of the steels. I'll order some uprated springs too.

Visit GraphicMonster

Proby

posted on 4/6/13 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
Well, took the clutch out this afternoon and the last friction plate was in about 7 pieces. Just need to work out which engine model it is now as there seems to be two different clutch setups for 919 blades. Not sure if they are same plates but just a different amount of them? There are 7 friction plates the same and one with a slightly narrower making surface area.

Visit GraphicMonster

mark chandler

posted on 4/6/13 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
I had a couple of engines with different housings, the frictions and steels were the same.

1 x 893 2 x 919's

Proby

posted on 4/6/13 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Mark, I think they all use the same plates, from what I can find from research, exactly as you say.

Visit GraphicMonster

Proby

posted on 5/6/13 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
Best place to buy genuine parts?

Right, I've just been into local Honda dealer to enquire about clutch plates and the were f##king useless! Grrrrrr the bloke really wound me up. He said he may not be able to source parts from a 1998 engine, even worse he refused to even try to look on system without a reg number or chassis number!! I had engine number with with me , but nope that was no good. I even had the clutch friction plate part numbers, he still refused to look without a reg number! What a c#ck!

I've searched online but can only find bits n pieces on ebay, where is the best place to source some genuine Honda friction and steel plates?

I'm going to end up with EBC at this rate!

Thanks all!

EDITIED : I have just found lingshonda online will supply at £166 for friction/steels. Just need to add some springs then

[Edited on 5/6/13 by Proby]

Visit GraphicMonster

sdh2903

posted on 5/6/13 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
Did you try fowlers?

http://www.fowlers.co.uk/parts/from_fowlers_web.shtml

Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 5/6/13 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Proby
Right, I've just been into local Honda dealer to enquire about clutch plates and the were f##king useless! Grrrrrr the bloke really wound me up. He said he may not be able to source parts from a 1998 engine, even worse he refused to even try to look on system without a reg number or chassis number!! I had engine number with with me , but nope that was no good. I even had the clutch friction plate part numbers, he still refused to look without a reg number! What a c#ck!

I've searched online but can only find bits n pieces on ebay, where is the best place to source some genuine Honda friction and steel plates?

I'm going to end up with EBC at this rate!

Thanks all!

EDITIED : I have just found lingshonda online will supply at £166 for friction/steels. Just need to add some springs then

Your local dealer was being lazy by the sounds if it! went into my local dealer yesterday he pulled up exploded pics of an 893 engine so I could pic n choose parts, he selected from a list of all years from 92 to present day all models and variants of models! To be honest couldn't have been more helpful!

Work to Live don't Live to Work

Proby

posted on 5/6/13 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
I agree Aaron, really got me wound up!! I even had the bloody part numbers as I had an exploded view of the clutch assembly. I will NOT be buying anything from them the lazy, useless swines!!!! Even if I had to pay more elsewhere.

Visit GraphicMonster

Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 5/6/13 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Proby
I agree Aaron, really got me wound up!! I even had the bloody part numbers as I had an exploded view of the clutch assembly. I will NOT be buying anything from them the lazy, useless swines!!!! Even if I had to pay more elsewhere.

Don't blame you, send a snotty email to customer services at Honda UK they had the import of motorbikes (greys) banned by law to gain more customers!

Work to Live don't Live to Work

Neadles

posted on 5/6/13 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
For Honda parts I have always used these direct as you can choose whatever you want from them and they show you the blown up drawings its a very good tool and all online!

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.