Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: O no not want you want to read IOM TT
jacko

posted on 7/6/13 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
O no not want you want to read IOM TT

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/story/2013-06-07/11-injured-in-barnsley-biker-tt-crash/
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 7/6/13 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
It's horrendous, check out the Micheal Dunlop thread its been discussed there too!

Work to Live don't Live to Work

Carbonman

posted on 7/6/13 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
Very Very sad news. I love the TT and have been many times over the years, unfortunately I feel it's days are numbered. The very thing that draws both riders and spectators to the event is the danger.

Carbon Copies Ltd

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
theconrodkid

posted on 7/6/13 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
heard it on the radio today,at least no-one was killed but you have to wonder about the speeds the riders do,especially down bray hill,i have been there and seen it.
i wonder if it is time to change the rules a bit and slow things down before someone decides to ban it all together

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

MK9R

posted on 7/6/13 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
I've been twice and loved it and would go back every year if i could get a pass from the mrs. The riders know the danger and its one of the reasons they do it, spectators go there knowing its dangerous for everyone there. I bet there isn't 1 person on that island that wants anything changing. In this day and age its refreshing that this event still exists.

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MK9R

posted on 7/6/13 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
Just reread that, it was supposed to be a reply to the conrod saying it should be left alone, not a heartless reply to the injured

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

theconrodkid

posted on 8/6/13 at 06:29 AM Reply With Quote
i know what you are saying Austen but i really do think that the human body and mind cannot cope with what the bikes are now capable of,their thinking time is in milliseconds now.
when i rode bikes on a daily basis the fastest thing on the road was a probably a honda cb750,now they are about as fast as a moped but the human body hasnt moved on to cope with the extra work load at those speeds..
i wish all the spectators a speed recovery.

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

deezee

posted on 8/6/13 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
I think people are just fine with riding them and I love the TT, so I'm biased. However having watched a guy get torpedoed by a rally car as the guy lost it and it came off the track, its a sickening feeling seeing people injured. I just think people need to be further away from the track if they aren't behind something substantial.

spiderman

posted on 8/6/13 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
I don't think anything needs changing, people love it because it what it is, making changes will dilute the experience for both riders and spectators. Everyone knows motorsport is dangerous and even says so on the tickets you buy for all events. I think that a little common sense would not go amiss, standing on the outside bend of a flat out corner might be exciting to watch but if it all goes wrong you are in the firing line so you do so at your own risk. Perhaps they could colour code spectators areas on a map to make the spectators aware of the most dangerous places to watch from but that is as far as I would go with any changes.
I do hope that all those injured make a speedy and full recovery.

Spider

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.