New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ashby Foleville
Valtra

posted on 15/6/13 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
quote:
Originally posted by swanny
no sadly not i wanted to see the owner and find out a bit more. the woodwork still smelt pretty recent. :-)
mine was the blue gtm spyder, tucked at the back under a tree!

have you been sniffing my car? haha. Most of that wood was some nice tongue and groove I ripped out of a bathroom.

Was nice to meet you, Valtra

I tried to wear my locostbuilders tshirt but the other half has moved it somewhere so couldn't find it in time

[Edited on 12-6-2013 by Benzine]

Also great to meet you Benzine. Hopefully I'll get my f27 there next month as well as my locosters t shirt

Also had a gander at Swanny's GTM very nice. and Claire's MX5 v6 was also there but didn't catch the pilot . though could have been hiding behind that huge tacho

"If it looks like it works and it feels like it works, then it works"

Vindi_andy

posted on 16/6/13 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
Oh yes the other project is now progressing quite well tango was away having some associated work done so had the whole garage to play in for a fortnight. Should be ata point where walls are up soon. You've got my no. Give me a bell if you want to pop over for a brew. I'm even closer now as we've moved to Thorpe park so no fighting through town anymore.

Back in thread I'm going to try and get across to the next foleville meet, but will be a bit late as daughter has asked me to take her to her primary schoolwork in tango and that's on the same night.

Valtra

posted on 8/7/13 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
Passed my MOT today and taxed up again , sadly still overheating , friend at mot station suggests it could be water pump so that's the next effort, but not in time for this months show . Time to try and crank up the "Mighty Fiat " again . looks like being a classic AF evening

chris-g

posted on 9/7/13 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
I will be there. Should be a good one with the mighty fine weather we are having.
Vindi_andy

posted on 9/7/13 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
Might get over there for an hour ish. but it will be later as I have to drop daughter at primary school prom for 6 pm Looking at the weather Ill be in the tintop field.
tilly819

posted on 9/7/13 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
I should be there tonight providing I can get the diff back in this afternoon.

Tilly

F20C Haynes roadster 440 BHP/Tonne www.youtube.com/handmadeextreme

Valtra

posted on 9/7/13 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vindi_andy
Might get over there for an hour ish. but it will be later as I have to drop daughter at primary school prom for 6 pm Looking at the weather Ill be in the tintop field.

Along with many others ... should be well worth a gander over the road tonight !!

chris-g

posted on 10/7/13 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
Another good one yesterday evening, Glad I went on the push-bike, made it a lot easier getting in and out of the place.

Nice job varnishing the woodwork Benzine, looks much better.

Valtra

posted on 10/7/13 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chris-g
Another good one yesterday evening, Glad I went on the push-bike, made it a lot easier getting in and out of the place.

[Edited on 10/7/13 by Valtra]

swanny

posted on 10/7/13 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Agreed!

Got there at half five due to traffic ended up parked way up the other field. Great turn out though.

Benzine

posted on 10/7/13 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
Hehe thanks! It was primarily for performance, the smoothness of the varnish has improved airflow over the wood no end

It was cracking weather, I'm glad I got a shady spot! I've never seen it so busy, took ages to leave.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Vindi_andy

posted on 10/7/13 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
By the time school thing had finished it was gone half 6 and would have had to leave at 7:15 so was no point.
chris-g

posted on 12/8/13 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
Tomorrow is the second Tuesday of the month, is Ashby on? Should be going if the weather stays fine.
swanny

posted on 12/8/13 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
should be there tomorrow, though doubt i'll be early enough to get on the show field.
Went to another similar night last week at the griffin pub in Papplewick Notts. Lots of interesting stuff there too. worth a look.

chris-g

posted on 12/8/13 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
I think you are better off in the other field, it makes getting out without running over someone that bit easier

I keep meaning to go to Papplewick, which days is it on and what is the entry fee?

swanny

posted on 12/8/13 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
its the first and third wednesday of the month apparently. 6:30 onwards. last time was the busiest the regulars had seen it in ages but still a later start than ashby. show ground was pretty much full when i arrived at 7:15. big marquee in case it rains with beer and food served in there too.
couple of little rides for kids. show ground maybe slightly smaller than ashby, very few bikes just cars.

by the way, theres an Amercian car night this thursday at Hooters in Nottingham

Valtra

posted on 12/8/13 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
Don't think I'll make it this month both cars still have "issues and other things pending as well

Vindi_andy

posted on 12/8/13 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
Cant make it this month either. Unforunately im stuck in Torquay on holiday damn shame. As i post this the sun is shining and theres a beer in my hand
chris-g

posted on 12/8/13 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vindi_andy
Cant make it this month either. Unforunately im stuck in Torquay on holiday damn shame. As i post this the sun is shining and theres a beer in my hand

As I am reading this I am at work with coffee in hand, the sky is cloudy and its windy, wish I was there

Unfortunately I can not make Thursday as I have other arrangements. Should be interesting but is the car park at Hooters big enough, American cars are not exactly small.

swanny

posted on 14/8/13 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
a good night last night, not as busy as last month - i think the downpour we had at about 4 would have scared a few off. arrived at about half five and got on the show field, in glorious sunshine. good night.
swanny

posted on 14/8/13 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
this was my pick of the bunch. anyone know anything about it?
one off
one off

chris-g

posted on 14/8/13 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
It was a hell of a thing, very Mad Max. How on earth is passed an IVA, assuming it was built after the introduction of IVA. I admire the work and thought that went into it but not really my sort of thing.
swanny

posted on 14/8/13 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
american V8, supercharger, it had some interesting bits.
just showed it to some of our chinese colleagues in the office and their response was "very english!"

ReMan

posted on 14/8/13 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
Dang!
Forgot all about it, last day of my MOT as well.

The Mad max thing is , err different. All credit to the engineering, if not the taste skills of its owner

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ō≈ōﺣ

Dick Axtell

posted on 16/8/13 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
It was a hell of a thing, very Mad Max. How on earth is passed an IVA, assuming it was built after the introduction of IVA. I admire the work and thought that went into it but not really my sort of thing.

Is it anybody's sort of thing?? Looks like it was made for an episode of Dr. Who - or possibly Blake's Seven( ).

Saw this at Stoneleigh, a few years ago, but didn't catch the driver/owner. Presume he was lying low somewhere. Your comments re IVA test requirements were much same as my reaction - "How the hell.......??". He appears to have added enough trim to deal with those sharp edges. But what on earth, (or anywhere else, for that matter), inspired the bodywork style( ).

You have to admire the amount of work gone into it.

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.