Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Where to sell old laptops?
wombat

posted on 9/6/13 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
Where to sell old laptops?

Hi, I have two Toshiba A100-200 /model PSAA8-17W049EN , that are no longer used, both have charging issues, tried new batteries and chargers and We seem to remember it was an internal connection fault. They were replaced with new and have sat gathering dust since. Think they are probably 10 years old now.
Is there any point advertising on eBay or is it a skip job ??

Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 9/6/13 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
Plenty of people refurb and resell on eBay, it's free listing weekend! You'll probably get something for them if only a small amount of beer tokens

Work to Live don't Live to Work

robocog

posted on 9/6/13 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
If its only the power connectors that have cracked off / snapped wire/pin its a simple enough task to repair
(Something I used to do almost on a daily basis in my past job)

If they have proper serial ports (rs232) they are possibly more than man enough for megasquirt/megajolt machines

far too good to skip I'd say
(but then I'm the kind of guy that keeps EVERYTHING - as it will come in handy one day)

Regards
Rob

Schrodinger

posted on 21/6/13 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
If you just want to be rid of them you could contact
http://www.recycle-pc.co.uk/
they may be able to use them.

Keith
Aviemore

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 21/6/13 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
Shameles plug, but you could always try my previous employers, RDC in Essex....

One of the biggest concerns is data left on machines, especially with identity theft and fraud spiralling at the moment!

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

wombat

posted on 21/6/13 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
Further investigation shows its a charging connection problem on one, the bit your lead plugs into.
The other one is ok till it overheats then shuts down. Easy fix?

Not Anumber

posted on 21/6/13 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie_Zetec

One of the biggest concerns is data left on machines, especially with identity theft and fraud spiralling at the moment!

I was RDC's first employee would you believe. Great days they were, just Gerry, Rod & Dave as directors and Janine on the phones. Knocking up PCs in a draughty industrial unit in Woodham Ferrers until the early hours then up and down the country in a 40 footer running the auctions.

Dave and I built an AC Ace replica in the warehouse, Bob the warehouse manager was very patient with us thankfully as it wasnt a quick build. Dave ended up in Thailand running a bar, the lucky old dog.

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 21/6/13 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
Small world! My parents bought their first home computer there moons ago. I left there 18 months ago as I ran Public Sector accounts in the sales department (and they were heading South fast due to Government cuts etc.). Probably a bit bigger than when you were probably around....

They moved into a 355,000sq.ft. office/warehouse in Braintree end of last year from two sites in Witham, and they've been owned by Computacenter for a number of years now too. Gerry's still there running the show, and oddly enough, when they moved to new premises an old kit car gearbox surfaced in the warehouse too....

quote:
Originally posted by Not Anumber
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie_Zetec

I was RDC's first employee would you believe. Great days they were, just Gerry, Rod & Dave as directors and Janine on the phones. Knocking up PCs in a draughty industrial unit in Woodham Ferrers until the early hours then up and down the country in a 40 footer running the auctions.

Dave and I built an AC Ace replica in the warehouse, Bob the warehouse manager was very patient with us thankfully as it wasnt a quick build. Dave ended up in Thailand running a bar, the lucky old dog.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

Not Anumber

posted on 21/6/13 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
blimey that will be a Triumph TR6 box with overdrive with many years dust. As i remember it worked fine, just needed a synchro cone replacing. I can imagine it was filed away behind a stack of old IBM XTs and ATs.

Did you ever meet Rod Best ?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.