Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Oh ar5e - just "replied all" by mistake
nick205

posted on 1/7/13 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
Oh ar5e - just "replied all" by mistake

Never done it before, but just hit "Reply All" by mistake and been somewhat impolite about a difficult customer

My colleagues are suitably amused and I now have a "challenging" phone call to make

Ar5e biscuits!

Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 1/7/13 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
Feel for you Nick!!!! But am also amused! Sorry

Work to Live don't Live to Work

mookaloid

posted on 1/7/13 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
oops

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Not Anumber

posted on 1/7/13 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
think of it less as a terrible mistake and more of a home truth they needed to hear.

MikeRJ

posted on 1/7/13 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
I bet you got that horrible "cold sweat" feeling as realisation dawned!

I have been there several times, not just with emails but accidentally deleting important files on servers etc. I usually leave my PC and go and have a coffee for 5 minutes and then come back just to make sure I'd really been as stupid as I thought I had

nick205

posted on 1/7/13 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
I bet you got that horrible "cold sweat" feeling as realisation dawned!

I have been there several times, not just with emails but accidentally deleting important files on servers etc. I usually leave my PC and go and have a coffee for 5 minutes and then come back just to make sure I'd really been as stupid as I thought I had

That about sums it up!

Just called and said customer is "unavailable"

Slimy38

posted on 1/7/13 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
I have been there several times, not just with emails but accidentally deleting important files on servers etc.

Part of my job is IT support, and I've been on the receiving end of one of those. A work colleague calls up and asks whether the delete button really did remove her entire day's worth of work or whether I could help her. I did try my best... not to laugh too loud...

Not Anumber

posted on 1/7/13 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
A firm I worked for at one time had a brokerage arm that resold pension services for a foreign owned, now defunct, life insurance company.

One of our guys asked a series of technical questions which had been escalated to the very top. we all fell about laughinging when we saw an email from their MD compete with huge internal email trail saying words to the effect of ' i dont know why we are wasting so much time on this, we wont even be in this market dealing with them next year so just keep them sweet with any old nonsense. '

Needless to say we did our own reply convenienntly adding in all the other contacts we knew in that firm asking if they were about to go out of busienss and whether the industry regulator was aware of their policy. They were always a bit of an awkward bunch of skunks before this but became miraculously much easier to deal with after that.

steve m

posted on 1/7/13 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
Yours is margilnly better , than mine, but

Telling a very good female friend i work with, that i LOVE her

But, sent it to my wifes phone...............................

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

femster87

posted on 1/7/13 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
Yours is margilnly better , than mine, but

Telling a very good female friend i work with, that i LOVE her

But, sent it to my wifes phone...............................

Hahahaha, Did you ever get out of that one?

steve m

posted on 1/7/13 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, i did the honest thing

I lied, it wasnt me

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

steve m

posted on 1/7/13 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Just like a lot of "dont do's"

Dont send texts, when pissed

Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 1/7/13 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
I recently had my email hacked and some emails were sent from my email address, can you not use this as an excuse Nick changed my password no more hacker!

Work to Live don't Live to Work

whitestu

posted on 1/7/13 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
I learnt long ago that you should never write an email that would be embarrassing if a customer read it.

Stu

TimC

posted on 1/7/13 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
A buyer at a major retailer sent a note to all of her suppliers last year saying that she needed their commercial plans for the forthcoming period - to be forwarded to her, post-haste. One dozy supplier replied to all therefore showing their hand to all of their competitors. Not sure if that person made it through the day with their job.

A great ex-colleague of mine had a husband named Tim. One Halloween I had a hilariously saucy text from my colleague - she'd selected the wrong Tim in her phone book.

I used to have a one minute delay on my e-mails to stop me from going "BAM - 'ave it" and then regretting it. I'm calmer now.

Irony

posted on 1/7/13 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Everyone who sends emails during there work has probably done something similar. I never write abuse down these days.
joneh

posted on 1/7/13 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
I once told all 193 members of the Scunthorpe United Mailing list to shove the irons were the sun doesn't shine, instead of sending it to the pleb that sent me some abuse...

Hay ho! Wouldn't have been so bad if one of the members didn't write to the college I was at at the time....

mcerd1

posted on 2/7/13 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimCA great ex-colleague of mine had a husband named Tim. One Halloween I had a hilariously saucy text from my colleague - she'd selected the wrong Tim in her phone book.

I've sent a mate of mine a couple of texts like that - his number is next to the GF's in my contacts list....

took me a minute to work out what was going on the first time as he just played along with it

-

nick205

posted on 2/7/13 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
Well, just had the humble pie conversation with my German customer. Had to apologise for the faux pas and explain my angst with the relationship to date. Some home truths on both sides and the air is relatively clear.

He's still a PITA, but a retained customer who pays his bills on time!

Lesson to self...."think it don't say it!"

MikeRJ

posted on 2/7/13 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
I can imagine that was a very uncomfortable phone call, but at least it's behind you now

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.