Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: alternate alternator for sierra
RK

posted on 5/7/13 at 01:32 AM Reply With Quote
alternate alternator for sierra

As I'm in Canada, and I have a Van Diemen Sports Racer, with a Sierra engine, what other alternators would fit this engine, preferably smaller?

Mine won't charge the battery, and I was stuck out on track twice, and had to be towed back in. Needless to say I wasn't very popular with the other drivers who had their sessions cut short.

Thanks a million for your help as usual! As you can see, I have sold my kit car, but replaced it with a similarly thrilling vehicle. It runs circles round the tin tops, but of course, I lose out to the Corvettes, Porsches and the like, on the straights. I am beginning to like the other sports racers and formula cars, mainly because they are my size.

cliftyhanger

posted on 5/7/13 at 05:13 AM Reply With Quote
little denso alternators should fit with a few simple mods (paced with washers, may need a diffrent bolt, that sort of thing)
Mine are from kubota diggers....40A, so adequate for most stuff that is "basic"
I suspect similar ones were fitted to jap cars, but probably 20+ years ago now as most cars have high electrical demands these days.

RK

posted on 5/7/13 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
Thank you!
James

posted on 5/7/13 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
You sold the kitcar???

On my 2.0 SOHC Pinto I use a Bedford Rascal alternator which elsewhere is a Suzuki Carry (or Supercarry?).

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

RK

posted on 5/7/13 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, sorry. I told precisely three people, and one of them came running. He has been after me for a while now, and I thought: why not?! The Sports Racer is another league of cars: a proper race car. Funny though, how the pedals are way nicer; seating way more comfortable, sensation of speed much higher, shifter is a bit weird, because of the long linkage... I love it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.