Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dogs in cars
rusty nuts

posted on 14/7/13 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
Dogs in cars

Just got back from Kimbolton country fair, great turn out of classic cars but saw a dog in an old Alvis that was still there 2 hours later, It's a pity the owner takes better care of his car than his dog, One of the hottest days of the year , the windows were open slightly but it must have been like an oven inside. Reported it to one of the stewards for what good it did, tried ring the RSPVA with no luck .Should have taken the dog out in hindsight but would probably ended up being prosecuted.
DOGS DIE IN HOT CARS,DON'T LEAVE THEM IN A HOT CAR. Rant over

Ninehigh

posted on 14/7/13 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
I do keep meaning to ask about the law regarding be breaking the window to let the dog out, would have been all the more worthwhile if it was a pristine rare classic too

benchmark51

posted on 14/7/13 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
dog in car

good call, I'm with you on that one.
owelly

posted on 14/7/13 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hows about police dog vans? They have climate control but that could fail and it's still illegal to leave a dog unattended in a car. Could you have an excuse if you use one of these? http://www.acek9.com/k9ha_pro/k9_heat_alarm_pro.html
They can text you to tell you if your vehicle is too hot or cold.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 14/7/13 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
I've heard of the police breaking windows and prosecuting the vehicle owner! So either call the plod or break the window yourself and you'll probably still end up getting the owner in the proverbial!!

Work to Live don't Live to Work

jabs

posted on 14/7/13 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
Saw in the news that a woman had left her 4 year old son in the car whilst she went shopping, needless to say the window was smashed, toddler removed from car and woman arrested for child neglect on her return.
MakeEverything

posted on 14/7/13 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
I think if you have good reason to do so, the law would be on your side nowadays.

If for example, you had waited by the car for thirty minutes for the owner to return before smashing the window because the dog's condition had visibly deteriorated, after which you had stayed with the car/dog and called the police on a 999 call, i dont see what law you have broken.

As a concerned and responsible member of the public, you are entitled to take all reasonable steps to prevent injury or loss of life. a comparatively cheap glass window being broken in an emergency, would be just cause.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

Mr Whippy

posted on 14/7/13 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
^ exactly
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bi22le

posted on 14/7/13 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
I was fiddling with a infrared thermometer gun yesterday as mazie has just bought one. My wife's car with all the windows done up had a seat surface temperature of 55degC, imagine sitting on that with a massive coat on...

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

jollygreengiant

posted on 14/7/13 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
An old Alvis, I would have taken a photo of dog in car then grabbed a passer by and picked the lock or other means to get into an OLD car without damage by using my motor mech. knowledge.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

DarrenW

posted on 15/7/13 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Im lucky that we can go places and take the dog almost everywhere with us, hence not left in car. If people cant leave windows open then pets should be left at home.

Im surprised the RSPCA didnt take a look. I can imagine they get loads of calls in this weather but wouldnt it be good if they had volunteers in towns etc that could be called out to investigate.

Some people shouldnt be allowed out. Why couldnt the dog have been put on some rope and tied up outside of the car with a bowl of water? A country fair as well....... beyond belief.

[Edited on 15/7/13 by DarrenW]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.