Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Another wrongly-registered car on ebay
Humbug

posted on 21/7/13 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
Another wrongly-registered car on ebay

Apparently an MK built in 2008: "ALL NEW PARTS WHEN BUILT IN 2008 EXCEPT RE-CON ENGINE RE-CON XR4i LSD" but the seller then proudly says it was "REGISTERED IN 1968 AS A TRIUMPH SPARTAN KIT CAR SO TAX EXEMPT!"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mk-Indy-Blackbird-Bike-Engine-Kit-Car-Tax-Exempt-520KG-/271243555275?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3f276031cb

brookie

posted on 21/7/13 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Humbug
Apparently an MK built in 2008: "ALL NEW PARTS WHEN BUILT IN 2008 EXCEPT RE-CON ENGINE RE-CON XR4i LSD" but the seller then proudly says it was "REGISTERED IN 1968 AS A TRIUMPH SPARTAN KIT CAR SO TAX EXEMPT!"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mk-Indy-Blackbird-Bike-Engine-Kit-Car-Tax-Exempt-520KG-/271243555275?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3f276031cb

funny that Ive just sent him a email about it but he never got back to me lol

omega0684

posted on 21/7/13 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
There is a TAX Disc in between the two seats!!!!!!

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
spiderman

posted on 21/7/13 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
There is a TAX Disc in between the two seats!!!!!!

Tax exempt cars still require a tax disc it is just there is no charge for it. However this car would be far from the "Historic" tax class.

Spider

beaver34

posted on 21/7/13 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
wouldnt mind a tax free kit car tbh
designer

posted on 21/7/13 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
He saved the price of an IVA, another kit car crook.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr C

posted on 21/7/13 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beaver34
wouldnt mind a tax free kit car tbh

Same here, its nice looking as well, 10/10 for initiative.

Girl walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre, so the barman gave her one

Mark Allanson

posted on 21/7/13 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
Built in 2008, I bet the DVLA would love to invoice him for 5 years back tax at the over 1550cc rate (as the Spartan clearly would be)

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

bigfoot4616

posted on 21/7/13 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer

crook is a bit harsh, yes he's avoided IVA and its incorrectly registered but its not as if he is trying to hide that in his advert.

i can understand it when people comment on cars when adverts don't mention incorrect registrations but he has so its up to a buyer to decide whether to take a risk on it or not.

snakebelly

posted on 21/7/13 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
The Problem is that we all know what's going on here, a kit car newby however could end up spending thousands for a car that is actually illegal and due to ignorance be none the wiser until, god forbid, it gets involved in a accident that involves the insurance company or the old bill.
theduck

posted on 21/7/13 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
£6500 got an unregistered MK? Joker.
morcus

posted on 21/7/13 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
It doesn't make anysense, why would you advertise the fact that you're selling a car that is dodgy? The guy must be an idiot.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Humbug

posted on 21/7/13 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
I reported it, and sent him an ebay message pointing out that it is incorrectly registered and should have been SVA/IVAd... and that if he's insured it as a Spartan he is not covered. No rely as yet
SCAR

posted on 21/7/13 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigfoot4616
quote:
Originally posted by designer

crook is a bit harsh, yes he's avoided IVA and its incorrectly registered but its not as if he is trying to hide that in his advert.

i can understand it when people comment on cars when adverts don't mention incorrect registrations but he has so its up to a buyer to decide whether to take a risk on it or not.

No its not
He is saying the cars is tax exempt ......that's not true
The car is using number plates off another vehicle......that's criminal

A less knowledgeable person may be unaware that it is illegal to use the vehicle on the road.
The advert is well beyond caveat emptor and I believe exhibits ignorance or contempt of the law rather than honesty.

[Edited on 21/7/13 by SCAR]

jossey

posted on 21/7/13 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Off to the crusher with that then lol

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

rdodger

posted on 21/7/13 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Dear bo55rmc,

How can your car be a MK Indy and a Spartan? Built in 2008 and Tax exempt? Sounds like it is incorrectly registered having assumed the identity of an old Spartan.

Your car needs an IVA and to be properly registered.

Hi,

It was rebuilt in 2008 as a MK style kit car...based on a Triumph Spartan....A MK replica if you like.

Thanks
Steve
- bo55rmc

bigfoot4616

posted on 21/7/13 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
anyone with half a brain cell will be able to work out that its not registered correctly.
at the end of the day its just one more amongst the thousands of incorrectly registered cars on the road.

chrism

posted on 21/7/13 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Would you look at that hes now change the title and description of the auction, its now a rebuilt in 2008 triumph spartan kit car.

----------------------------
A little hard work never killed anyone, but why take the risk!
-----------------------------

morcus

posted on 21/7/13 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
I Asked if it had an SVA/IVA and he replied,

Hi,Not that Im aware of, how will I know this? or find this out?

SCAR

posted on 21/7/13 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
Vosa are not stupid, you cant get away with putting another vehicles number plates on and then claim its a rebuilt original vehicle
If its a Triumph Spartan rebuilt with parts as claimed in 2008 it needed IVA (or equivalent) as a radically altered vehicle.
Buys it , use it , get pulled and £6500 gets crushed.
Selling it as described (revised or originally) is a criminal act.
The problem is Ebay couldn't care less, the Police don't bother unless there is a traffic offence or an accident and VOSA don't have the resources to police their own rules.
The disadvantaged party ends up being the unwitting new owner or worse still the accident victim.
If the new owner runs into me I hope they own a nice house cause Ill have it when their insurance doesn't pay out.

chrism

posted on 21/7/13 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SCAR
Vosa are not stupid, you cant get away with putting another vehicles number plates on and then claim its a rebuilt original vehicle
If its a Triumph Spartan rebuilt with parts as claimed in 2008 it needed IVA (or equivalent) as a radically altered vehicle.
Buys it , use it , get pulled and £6500 gets crushed.
Selling it as described (revised or originally) is a criminal act.
The problem is Ebay couldn't care less, the Police don't bother unless there is a traffic offence or an accident and VOSA don't have the resources to police their own rules.
The disadvantaged party ends up being the unwitting new owner or worse still the accident victim.
If the new owner runs into me I hope they own a nice house cause Ill have it when their insurance doesn't pay out.

I think insurance companies still have to pay out any 3rd party claims regardless of the vehicle being incorrectly registered/insured, its just the driver that they wont pay out for, also it invalidates their insurance so the police can do them for driving uninsured as well as incorrectly registered and No MOT due to not being registered correctly.

----------------------------
A little hard work never killed anyone, but why take the risk!
-----------------------------

morcus

posted on 21/7/13 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Is there a way to report it to Vosa? Not that I imagine much will happen as we reported a Van that was left in our street for having no tax and nothing happened to it.

I've got a feeling the above is correct, and that the insurance company sue the driver of the dodgy vehicle to get the money back, I'm sure I read it in one of my policy documents.

[Edited on 21/7/13 by morcus]

SCAR

posted on 21/7/13 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds likely, I think I recall something called the uninsured drivers fund.
I have a similar problem my 1965 Honda c50 has been rebuilt into a 2008 1000cc Honda Fireblade (with mostly new parts) wonder if I can still insure and tax it as a c50?

fossycov

posted on 21/7/13 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
morcus

What are you grass of the year?? You guys all need to get your facts right before commenting on something you are clearly not 100% with.

Do you guys all meet up at the weekends for a fondle in the woods???

slingshot2000

posted on 21/7/13 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fossycov
morcus

What are you grass of the year?? You guys all need to get your facts right before commenting on something you are clearly not 100% with.

Do you guys all meet up at the weekends for a fondle in the woods???

What a brave way to start you membership of one of the friendliest, most helpful, intelligent internet forums it has been my pleasure to be involved with.
Most of the guys on here have gone to the trouble to legitimately build, IVA/SVA and then modify a vehicle that they have every reason to be proud of.

The guy selling this illegal vehicle on ebay has done none of this. He has taken at least one shortcut to maximise his profit on this vehicle. It has not been inspected to show that it is safe to be on our roads.

I would happily stand beside Morcus and I have reported this advert to ebay, as I have every time I have seen similar and will continue to do so.

Regards
Jon

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.