Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SAXO ECU PROBLEM
allenf

posted on 5/8/13 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
SAXO ECU PROBLEM

HI MY SAXO TURNS OVER BUT DOSENT START THE IMMOBILISER LIGHT IS FLASHING ON DASHBOARD IVE HAD A DIAGNOSTICS TEST DONE AND IT SAYS ITS AN ECU FAULT. WHAT DO I DO NOW?
AndyW

posted on 5/8/13 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
Buy another ecu?
coozer

posted on 5/8/13 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
Stop shouting, keep calm and fit another ECU to see what happens..

Welcome BTW.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

allenf

posted on 5/8/13 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
Do i need to change the ignition barrel aswell?
coozer

posted on 5/8/13 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
Has the key got a transponder in it? If so you need the ECU and key or they need programming together.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

allenf

posted on 5/8/13 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
Ok thanks i will get an ecu and key and see how i get on ill let you know.
Peteff

posted on 5/8/13 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
Have you tried disconnecting the battery and leaving it for a while ? Have a look on the bba reman site.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

allenf

posted on 5/8/13 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
yeah ive tried battery. the imobaliser light is flashing on dash and the diagnostics test said there is a fault with ecu.
big-vee-twin

posted on 5/8/13 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
There's a place near Nottingham that repairs ecu's, have used them for Renault kit search on Google there's a few out there.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

perksy

posted on 5/8/13 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
There's a few places that will fix them and you can also get replacement ECU's that are 'code free'.

No doubt you have checked for dodgy connections on the ECU ? They are a bit exposed on the Saxo.

allenf

posted on 5/8/13 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
I will have a look for an ecu that isnt coded will this solve my problem do ya think?
perksy

posted on 5/8/13 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
If you have a confirmed internal issue with the ECU a 'code free' replacement would sort any transponder issues.

You'll need to weigh up the cost comparison of doing it this way against the standard ECU etc,

Another thing to consider is i'm not sure how the insurance companies view the 'code free' ECU's ?

Have you had a price to just repair your existing ECU ? there are a few companies about that can fix them and turn the repair around pretty quickly.

sheepish0001

posted on 5/8/13 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
With the ECU on a saxo you can just buy an unlocked on from someone when you hook it up to your car and if the ECU was at fault it will recode its-self when plugged in with an imobiliser connected, if its an imobiliser issue i would be tempted to remove the imobiliser before you try another ECU to the make sure, also make sure you get the right ECU their were a few different versions for each engine varient if you need/want to remove the imobiliser box you can just unplug it from behind the dash lots of walkthroughs on saxo/106 forums

Where are you based i know a couple of guys near middlesbrough who could fix these things with their eye shut and know the pin outs on the plugs by heart

Sheep

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.