Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Carbon Fibre damage help!
MsD

posted on 16/8/13 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
Carbon Fibre damage help!

Because im a complete idiot I managed to superglue my front C/F wing to the bench. As I pulled it off some of the clear gelcoat/ lacquer was stuck to the bench and now im stuck on how to repair it!

Do I use clear lacquer or buy a two part epoxy style resin?

[img][/img]

I rubbed the outside of the hole down to get an idea of how badly its damaged (looks worse than it is!)

Any help on what product to use/ how to use it would be great!

Thanks, Mark.

Carbonman

posted on 16/8/13 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like you have sanded into the cloth so unfortunately you not going to get an invisible repair. Really wants filling with an Epoxy Resin. A higher viscosity coating resin would be ideal. If you are struggling to get some let me know and I can stick some in the post.

Warren

Just seen your location. If you fancy a drive over to Todmorden I can do it for you.

[Edited on 16/8/13 by Carbonman]

Carbon Copies Ltd

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
MsD

posted on 16/8/13 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carbonman
Looks like you have sanded into the cloth so unfortunately you not going to get an invisible repair. Really wants filling with an Epoxy Resin. A higher viscosity coating resin would be ideal. If you are struggling to get some let me know and I can stick some in the post.

Warren

Cheers Warren. I knew it would be a bad idea to sand it! I wasn't really expecting an invisible repair but something that doesn't look as bad would be great

I only really need a small quantity so it would be a waste to buy a normal size. If you could post me a little amount that would be great. Obviously id cover all expenses!

Mark.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.