New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Insurance nightmare
puma931

posted on 5/9/13 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
Insurance nightmare

who hit who
mookaloid

posted on 5/9/13 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
Easy - everyone with rear damage claims off the person who ran into them because they were all going too fast for the conditions.

I have been in that situation many years ago - because I was looking at what I was doing - I slowed down when I saw the fog, was easily able to stop with out hitting anything and with out anything hitting me but in the fog I could hear all the cars crashing round me.

It's just bad driving.

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

coyoteboy

posted on 5/9/13 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
+1 just bad driving and tailgating in dodgy conditions.

gaz_gaz

posted on 5/9/13 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
What happens if you as knocked forward into the car infront?
The car you hit still claims from you?

coyoteboy

posted on 5/9/13 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
your vehicle came to a halt, the person who hit you is liable and the claim would be off them too.

Slimy38

posted on 5/9/13 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
your vehicle came to a halt, the person who hit you is liable and the claim would be off them too.

Ah, but would you be able to prove that the person behind you hit you first before you hit the car in front, or did you come to a halt because your car was already playing bumper kissy with the one in front?

An old workmate had a similar situation where he was rear ended and pushed into a car in front (at a set of traffic lights). Despite the two innocent cars being stationary, he still had to prove that he hadn't hit the front car first before the rear car hit him. As it happened a sympathetic front driver was happy to declare that he heard a thump before he got hit, and the rear car had to pay for all damage.

AndyW

posted on 5/9/13 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

But that would be hard to prove as its just your word, otherwise if you hit someone you could just say that you were punted into them and get out of it?

However, I agree its a case of bad driving and its going to be a mess to clear it all up

Least no one was killed......

coyoteboy

posted on 5/9/13 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
Difficult to prove in a large pile up but I managed it in a 3 car in which I was the middle party. My skid marks stopped short of the front impact point, so unless I let off early for fun it had to be a secondary rear ending.

jossey

posted on 5/9/13 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Visibility was less than 2ft lol

Only person not looking at a claim is the guy at the front who stopped lol

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 5/9/13 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
I guess we've all seen the speeds the idiots do in the fog, whilst on the mobile, with no lights on, tailgating. You're in my way, ruining my life, me, me, me.

Thankfully all this will be solved when the gummit raises the speed limit to 80 mph, since 'modern cars are much safer'. That gummit statement is true, evidenced here, no deaths. Imagine the carnage with classic mini's, Hillman Imps, Avengers and (perhaps a bit modern) Metros.

ashg

posted on 5/9/13 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
no doubt caused by their webbed feet getting stuck between the pedals. (locals will understand )

[Edited on 5/9/2013 by ashg]

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

AndyW

posted on 5/9/13 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashg
no doubt caused by their webbed feet getting stuck between the pedals. (locals will understand ) very good...

[Edited on 5/9/2013 by ashg]

quote:
Difficult to prove in a large pile up but I managed it in a 3 car in which I was the middle party. My skid marks stopped short of the front impact point, so unless I let off early for fun it had to be a secondary rear ending.

Sorry but me being childish...... skid marks still one of those sayings that still makes me chuckle. Grow up Andy....

[Edited on 5/9/13 by AndyW]

[Edited on 5/9/13 by AndyW]

David Jenkins

posted on 5/9/13 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
Many years ago I had to go on a training course, and I ended up driving down the A14 on a VERY foggy morning (there had already been a multi-car pile-up on part of the road). I was driving down a long straight at around 35 - 40 mph, with Volvos, BMWs, Audis going down the outside lane at 70+ mph - with a visibility of around 50 yards. Insane and suicidal.

Some people have no imagination or survival instincts...

[Edited on 5/9/13 by David Jenkins]

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 5/9/13 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
Sadly, Dave, it's not 'suicidal', it's usually homicidal. A speeding me, me, me... Audi/BMW/Chelsea Tractor is a very dangerous weapon in a road full of lesser cars, motorcyclists and pushbikes.

Even more sadly is that when these uncaring batrds kill someone it's called an 'accident'.

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 5/9/13 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Having driven through very thick fog at a safe speed, cringing at the thought of an idiot bearing down out of the fog at wtf MPH, I will confess to some minor sympathy to those who maintain some speed. It's not the right thing to do mind.

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.