Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I am officially a saddo
Browser

posted on 6/9/13 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
I am officially a saddo

Why? Because I've just got all excited over the delivery of our new lawn mower
Our trusty eleven-year-old Qualcast Trojan 18-inch petrol rotary will be on that auction website soon, due to the left rear corner of the deck rusting out. Why not repair it I hear you cry? Well, I'm between welding sets at present and haven't any shield gas anyway so patching the old deck is out, and a new deck would be over £100 quid, and when you consider the thing was only £168 new it doesn't really make sense to chase bad money with good, so it'll be a 'spares or repair' project for someone soon.
New mower is a Honda Izy HRG415PD and first impressions are good, with only a slightly low handle height (I'm 6ft 5in tall so this was always a possibility) to gripe about. Far far easier to start than the Briggs & Stratton lump in the old mower, so as long as we get at least 12 years out of it I'll be happy

Wheels244

posted on 6/9/13 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
It's got an engine - what's not to be happy about
blakep82

posted on 6/9/13 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah those hondas are fine beasts. Gardener over the road uses them, says they're great.
He keeps asking me to weld on the curved blade guard plate as the fall off after battering tree stumps. But for home use should last for ever

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

nick205

posted on 6/9/13 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
My dads been in the garden machinery business for nearly 40 years. Honda kit generally gives the best value for money and the least grief. He's had a lot of business over the years from selling decent stuff to people who've tried cheap tat from Homebase.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.