Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Striker mk3 positive camber
strikerguy

posted on 9/9/13 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
Striker mk3 positive camber

Some Sylva Striker MK3 owners over there ? That's the one with the outboard front suspension.
On my MK3 it seems that there is a positive camber by design, because i cannot discover any adjustment possibilities.
Just wondering; i have no complaints about the handling. On the contrary, it corners perfectly.

loggyboy

posted on 9/9/13 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure how much the design has changed, but theres plenty of adjustment on the current striker. Both the bottom joint can be wound out, and the joint on the wishbone itself.
Pop some pictures up of the setup you have.
I cant imagine positive camber ever being a benefit!

Mistral Motorsport

strikerguy

posted on 10/9/13 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Not sure how much the design has changed, but theres plenty of adjustment on the current striker. Both the bottom joint can be wound out, and the joint on the wishbone itself.
Pop some pictures up of the setup you have.
I cant imagine positive camber ever being a benefit!

Will take some pictures as soon as it stops raining cats and dogs over here. In my garage with flash not very clear....

JimSpencer

posted on 10/9/13 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Yup have got a Mk3, was running it in hillclimbs and sprints until a couple of years ago, some pics in my phote archive.

To get the front camber correct ended up having new bottom wishbones made by RAW at Hereford, built in adjustment at the time too, also inserted spacers between the bottom ball joint and the hub assembly to both lower the ride height and get the wishbone closer to the horizontal.

You may well find that reducing your shock length will improve the situation, but to get it spot on you'll probably need to look at the above.

Hope this helps

[Edited on 10/9/13 by JimSpencer]

strikerguy

posted on 11/9/13 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Thx Jim, i was starting to doubt myself Your explanation is clear.

As a matter of fact, last night we started a post on the dutch kitcarclub forum about Sylva/RAW owners. Between all Westfield, VM, Dax and MNR, etc. owners in The Netherlands you can count them on two hands. The former dutch RAW import guy spontaneously invited us for a meeting on september 21st. I will ask him if he has experience with this, but i am afraid im am the only mk3 owner over here.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.