Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Haynes shock specs
MikeCapon

posted on 20/9/13 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
Haynes shock specs

A colleague over here has built himself a Roadster chassis with a 318 BM motor. He's asked me what length shocks to run on it. Apparently the book states 13" rears and 9" fronts but I seem to remember seeing 14" as the 'new' rear shock?

Can any one help please.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

www.shock-factory.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Slimy38

posted on 20/9/13 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, I also seem to remember mention of a longer rear shock. I think it improves drive quality on UK roads, without overly affecting performance.

I thought it was mentioned under the book amendments on the Haynes forum, but I've just checked and it's not.

Or it actually might have been Phil at Talon Motorsport, he regularly posts little bits of information on here that I have found invaluable during my build.

MikeCapon

posted on 20/9/13 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Slimy. Thanks for that. Just jound it all here on the Haynes Forum and in a .pdf of post publication modshere.

The ideal choice now seems to be 14" front and rear.

www.shock-factory.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ben_Copeland

posted on 20/9/13 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
In the book it states 13+1 inches. Basically a 13 inch with inch extension. Don't know what the difference is to a 14 inch one

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

MikeCapon

posted on 21/9/13 at 04:35 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Ben. Apparently the car was originally designed with 13" shocks which will have a closed length of 9" more or less. By adding a 1" extension the closed length will become 10" so risking hitting the bumpstops too early in the suspesnsion movement.

A 14" will have a closed length of around 9.5" thus giving more wheel movement in compression than the 13+1".

www.shock-factory.co.uk

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.