Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Gearbox options - rover v8 wih T5
Daviesdj

posted on 22/9/13 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
Gearbox options - rover v8 wih T5

Hia guys - building a high spec rover v8 seven track car and want a T5 gearbox for maximum manual strength. Was wondering if going for the cosworth sierra T5 and changing he bell housing is the best way to go (I am not sure if the input shaft would fit a TVR clutch?? Or getting the TVR version and just sticking with that- have heared that the TVR version has far to forward mounted a gear stick?? Or is there another gearbox option??? What configuration are other people using with the rover v8??? Cheers - Dave
britishtrident

posted on 22/9/13 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
The MGB crowd will be able to put you right about RV8 to T5 options.

As for T5 gearboxes Apart from the Cossie the Rover 75 V8 used the Mustang V8 and T5 combination

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

BaileyPerformance

posted on 22/9/13 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
Tvr used a t5 with custom bell housing, the flywheel is standard rover.

Just buy complete Tvr setup, we have put 600lb/ft thru stock Tvr transmission without a problem (paddle clutch)

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Daviesdj

posted on 22/9/13 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
Yes - think I will go with the TVR setup - but thinking about the remote/gear shifter- how does that fit into the locost 7 setup? Think it may be a bit too far forward?? Using a cosworth rear diff -
BaileyPerformance

posted on 23/9/13 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
The t5 gear stick should come out roughly the same as if a t9 was fitted, the only difference been the bellhousing is deeper so the stick will be further back. Should cause a problem - we are only talking a couple of inches.
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.