Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Quit quiting?
Jon Ison

posted on 1/10/13 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Quit quiting?

Smoke free for 48 hours, having a wobble, not a big enough wobble to quit quiting though, tips ?
daniel mason

posted on 1/10/13 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
i hear track days may be worth a try!
congrats by the way. stoptober may prove successful!

cryoman1965

posted on 1/10/13 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
Are you going cold turkey or aided. I have been off it for 1.5 years and used nicorette sticks. I changed my routine so to avoid times that I would have a ciggy. Going for a walk or playing music through head phones helped in difficult times. Also started going to bed earlier and stopped drinking alcohol for a week or 2.

Good luck.

P.s I still love the smell of a ciggy from a distance.

Hth

Nige

theduck

posted on 1/10/13 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Making a cup of tea has been my thing. 5 weeks now.
austin man

posted on 1/10/13 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
When I stopped I found that liquorice was a good replacement the black airwave chewing gum also helps

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

unijacko67

posted on 1/10/13 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
Smoke free for 48 hours, having a wobble, not a big enough wobble to quit quiting though, tips ?

Me and the Mrs quit 8 years ago, she used and still does use the Nicorette nasal spray.

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
morcus

posted on 1/10/13 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
I found making tea in a tea pot helped, or doing something that isn't difficult but takes a while to do as it takes your mind of it.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

steve m

posted on 1/10/13 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
I gave up 53 years ago

Mugs game

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Smoking Frog

posted on 1/10/13 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
Hang it out for at least a week. Use nicotine replacements. Change your routine. Keep busy. Treat yourself. Keep reminding yourself why you're packing up. Don't even think of a reason why you should be smoking. Be positive and try to see what's good about not smoking. Good luck!
Peteff

posted on 1/10/13 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
I packed up 40 years ago and never touched one since, no patches or sprays then and no substitutes like eating or anything. If you want to pack in you will otherwise just give up now and admit you are weak and unable to control your impulses

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Simon

posted on 1/10/13 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
Jon, iirc you've done the hard part as the nicotine is mostly out of you system. What you need to remember is the craving only lasts as long as you think you need a smoke - get distracted at the time and the craving is gone.

I quit 7 years ago but still chew gum (ordinary stuff). I did get fat though, so maybe a workout every now and again

ATB

Simon

Jon Ison

posted on 2/10/13 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
Well I just had the best coffee in years, tasted so much nicer, lets hope this is a sign of things to come.

all money saved will go into the car, still wanted 13" trackday rubber anyone got anything ?

NigeEss

posted on 2/10/13 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
I think you smokers should be encouraged to carry on !

The government gets HUGE amounts of revenue from you guys, savings in the health service will
not happen overnight so there is only one place they turn to to recoup the losses...

The motorist.

I've never smoked and still suffer as a result

So there

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

Peteff

posted on 2/10/13 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NigeEss
I think you smokers should be encouraged to carry on !

The government gets HUGE amounts of revenue from you guys, savings in the health service will
not happen overnight so there is only one place they turn to to recoup the losses...

The motorist.

I've never smoked and still suffer as a result

So there

And besides that, nobody likes a quitter

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

bi22le

posted on 2/10/13 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
I am the only person in my family that has never smoked.some have given up, some still trying.

Two things I have observed are:

You will put on weight as your metabolic rate decreases. Dont be disheartened and maybe fill the smoking time with a quick fast walk and lots of air through the lungs. This really helps you consolidate and analyse sticky situations that smoke may previously helped with.

You may of stopped smoking but you will never stop quiting. My dad restarted smoking after having stopped for over 10 years. Its a battle that needs a life style change. The sooner you deal with it and change your ways the better.

Good luck and stay strong. It will be worth it.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

mark chandler

posted on 2/10/13 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
Stopped 30 years ago, as earlier on if you really want to stop you will! everything else patches etc are tricks after the first couple of weeks as they feed your habit.

Hardest part for me was social smoking down the pub, now you cannot smoke in pubs then that base is covered, do not expect the urge to ever go typing about it now makes me think about smoking, your body never forgets.

So it's all bad news then apart from your health, your pocket how you taste things and the horrible smokers smell

Mr Whippy

posted on 2/10/13 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
Just wait till you realise how smokers smell, second only to folk who gut fish
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
morcus

posted on 2/10/13 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
Get your self an illness that makes smoking really difficult and painful, makes the nicotine detox easy.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Jon Ison

posted on 2/10/13 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
Still alive n still smoke free, looking forward to a blow out Indian at weekend, is it gonna taste better ?
unijacko67

posted on 2/10/13 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
If your gona plough the money you save into the car, I aren't even gona see you when you go past. I thought I'd hit reverse as you went past at Blyton. Keep it up.

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

Jon Ison

posted on 3/10/13 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
She's pretty nippy, sneaked over 130 a couple of times, think 124 was best with a passenger on board.

My 1st purchase will be tyres, I really cant continue to drive on Rembrandts,

Peteff

posted on 3/10/13 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
Still alive n still smoke free, looking forward to a blow out Indian at weekend, is it gonna taste better ?

Don't overdo it compensating with food though Jon. That was the hardest one to give up I found, I always used to have a cigarette after a meal. I also found it hard to go into the paper shop first thing in the morning on the way to work and not ask for a packet and matches. Just force of habit more than anything but I found a pack of twenty unopened once as I was walking to the pub and when I got there I gave them to a bloke at the bar before I was tempted to open them.

yours, Pete

daniel mason

posted on 3/10/13 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
ive got some 160-535-13 and 170-575-13 dunlop radial slicks if interested.

Irony

posted on 3/10/13 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Can't believe people still smoke at all to be honest. Its probably cheaper and healthier to pay a man to hit you on the head repeatedly with a toffee hammer.
Mr Whippy

posted on 3/10/13 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
Can't believe people still smoke at all to be honest. Its probably cheaper and healthier to pay a man to hit you on the head repeatedly with a toffee hammer.

Yeah having watched relatives die of lung cancer it's quite a shitty way to go

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.