Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: One for the chainsaw owners
Browser

posted on 14/10/13 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
One for the chainsaw owners

I've just had a replacement for my Ryobi RCS2040 chainsaw as the motor had failed at less than a year old. Trouble is, I got it back with a full chain oil tank, puty it in the shed and didn't use it at all, went to move it aside the other day and it's pi55ed most of it onto the shed floor! Having taken the side cover off I can see the end of the feed hose from the lubricator trhough a hole in the chain bar and I can remember tehre being something in the bar on teh last one blocking my view. Looking on the 'net it seems the petrol ones have a felt washer or some sort of seal to stop the oil pi55ing out, can anyone confirm this please?

mark chandler

posted on 14/10/13 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
Mine does that, not a Ryobi so I drain it down when putting away.

I think you will find this is usual with all makes, the oil feed is just capillary not pumped so will eventually deposit oil unless you lay on its side.

Regards Mark

Peteff

posted on 14/10/13 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
I bought a cheap saw and it has a piece of foam/sponge over the end where it feeds into the bar. My Husqvarna has a proper pump though but I still drain the oil and run the fuel out for any long term storage.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Browser

posted on 16/10/13 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
Well, been the tool dealers today and they took a look at a Ryobi petrol saw and it's the same as mine, gravity fed and an open end to the oil hose, so it is obviously ust mean to pee oil out when not in use unless you drain it out, odd, as I don't remember the old one doing it? Ah well, it's empty now and going on fleabay as soon as I get back from me hols

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.