Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Formula1 related
jollygreengiant

posted on 3/11/13 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
Formula1 related

Wouldn't it be fun, if, Formula1 qualifying was done as per it is now, but, on race day all the drivers had to come into race control one at a time and pull the the car they would race in out of a hat. I don't think Vettel would be quite so dominant if he had to drive a 'random car'.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

omega0684

posted on 3/11/13 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
I was just wondering what would happen if you stuck Vettel in a merussia or caterham?

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CNHSS1

posted on 3/11/13 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
its a bit more complex than that unfortunately, but I get the idea. These days the best drivers tailor the car to them and in fact the entire team, so even the best drivers in a 'one off' drive would probably struggle to out pace the regular crap-car pilot imho

as for Vettel in a Marussia or similar, he won a race in a Torro Rosso when it was considered a fledgling team...

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

jacko

posted on 3/11/13 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
Just put Vettel at the back for the start of each race or put a load of weight on his car
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
morcus

posted on 3/11/13 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
The way he's been these last few races, I think he could qualify last for the next to and still win, I fact didn't he do that last year?

If all the cars were exactly the same, I'd put my money on Vettel.

Personally I think the easiest solution regarding the advantages of certain cars would be to take away all the secrecy, I personally think that would make F1 more interesting to more people (An I think I read something in the IET magazine saying just that).

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

britishtrident

posted on 3/11/13 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morcus
The way he's been these last few races, I think he could qualify last for the next to and still win, I fact didn't he do that last year?

If all the cars were exactly the same, I'd put my money on Vettel.

Personally I think the easiest solution regarding the advantages of certain cars would be to take away all the secrecy, I personally think that would make F1 more interesting to more people (An I think I read something in the IET magazine saying just that).

Funny how Vettles KERS. always works and Webber's always gives trouble.
At Red Bull Finger Boy has yet to win a race he had to fight for.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

morcus

posted on 3/11/13 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
Funny how Webbers car seems to set on fire alot, and always when Horner is pressing a little red button...

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.