Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: iPhone 4S FOR SALE
ChrisW

posted on 26/11/13 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
iPhone 4S FOR SALE

My iPhone 4S is FOR SALE due to eventually getting around to upgrading.

16GB, black, "unlocked" although more correctly it has never been locked as it was an outright purchase from Apple. Original receipt included for £499. Upgraded to iOS 7, reset to factory defaults.

Fantastic condition, it has a couple of tiny marks as you would expect from a used phone but you have to look for them. Importantly, none on the screen itself. I had the back replaced a year or so ago (Genuine Apple part, fitted by Apple store Milton Keynes) so no visible scratches on the back. It has always been kept in a Sena slip case, hence the condition.

In all seriousness, considering it's a used phone, you will not be disappointed by it's condition.

Comes with perfect condition box still containing the charger, earphones and USB cable in their original plastic packs which have never been taken out of the box and hence 'as new'. Sena leather slip case also included.

(So no need to source a pair of earphones for it or put up with a pair that have been in someone else's ears!)

I've had this up at £250 which is slightly over average due to the condition, case and accessories but had no bites. Seems an average 'good condition' phone will go for £225 on eBay and I know I'll get turned over for 10% for the fees so I'm willing to take £200 for it which I think is an absolute bargain.

Willing to provide high-res photos on request so you can see the exact condition.

Cheers, Chris

iPhone 4S for sale
iPhone 4S for sale

My gaff my rules

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
hobbsy

posted on 26/11/13 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
Interested, will email for more photos.

Will almost certainly have it.

[Edited on 26/11/13 by hobbsy]

Yeah spoke to the Mrs just now and she's very interested so you can pretty much consider it sold. Once ChrisW gets back to me anyway.

[Edited on 26/11/13 by hobbsy]

chrsgrain

posted on 26/11/13 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
If he doesn't want it - I'll have it!

Chris

Spoing! - the sound of an irony meter breaking...

JAG

posted on 27/11/13 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
Did this sell? If not I'm interested in buying. I've sent you a U2U.

Justin

Who is this super hero? Sarge? ...No.
Rosemary, the telephone operator? ...No.
Penry, the mild-mannered janitor? ...Could be!

ChrisW

posted on 27/11/13 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, this is up for grabs again as the person I gave first refusal too (nobody from this forum - a mate who saw it on Facebook) has decided he doesn't need an iPhone as 'it will just get smashed'. He's a builder so he's probably right to be fair to him.

So, up for sale again. First, second, third, etc refusal as per order of this thread. Yes I received u2u's, but they arrived in the same order as the thread posts so no scope for quibbling!

Back: http://chrisw.net/stuff/4s/DSCN0838.JPG
Front: http://chrisw.net/stuff/4s/DSCN0840.JPG

Notable points:

Little bit of rash on the back near the mute switch. Looks horrible on this photo, in actual fact it's about 1mm deep.

http://chrisw.net/stuff/4s/DSCN0837.JPG

Small scratch on front, only JUST goes over the screen by approx 0.5mm. Total scratch length ~2.5mm.

http://chrisw.net/stuff/4s/DSCN0842.JPG

Pics are 6MB each so be prepared for slow download!

Please keep in mind this is a 2 year old phone and, despite being well looked after, it has been 'used' for that time. It has light scratches that can be seen under direct light. It's not 'as new', it's not 'mint', 'immaculate', etc but my honest opinion of the condition is in extremely good condition for it's age having been looked after well and kept in a case.

(Case shows signs of wear, but I'm throwing that in free anyway so please no complaints on that bit!)

I'm probably being overly critical about the condition, just trying to be 100% honest with buyers.

Cheers, Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
hobbsy

posted on 28/11/13 at 12:00 AM Reply With Quote
Chris, oh lord of this forum, consider it sold. See u2u.

Sorry those in line

NigeEss

posted on 28/11/13 at 12:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW

16GB, black, "unlocked" although more correctly it has never been locked as it was an outright purchase from Apple. Original receipt included for £499. Upgraded to iOS 7, reset to factory defaults.

I was under the impression that it locks itself automatically to the first SIM installed.

Nige

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

hobbsy

posted on 28/11/13 at 12:25 AM Reply With Quote
Nope not of bought sim.free from.an apple store.
ChrisW

posted on 28/11/13 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
As above, if they are bought outright from Apple they are always SIM free. It's the network that locks them, purely to stop people buying them on contract, paying the first month and then disappearing.

Chris

My gaff my rules

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.