Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: RIP Paul Walker
Ben_Copeland

posted on 1/12/13 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
RIP Paul Walker

BBC news page is reporting Paul Walker from Fast and the Furious films has died in a car crash. He was passenger in a friends Porsche.

Died aged 40

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25173331

[Edited on 1/12/13 by Ben_Copeland]

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

Sloan85

posted on 1/12/13 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
Very sad news :-(

http://mkindygsxr.blogspot.co.uk

carpmart

posted on 1/12/13 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
Looks like a MASSIVE accident! Very Sad!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

richardR1

posted on 1/12/13 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
That is very sad. Always seemed like such a nice guy. Looks like a Carrera GT and a huge accident. RIP

MK Owners Club Member 1015

six mad

posted on 1/12/13 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
Very sad news, hope the impact caused the deaths rather than the fire, RIP to Paul and driver.
iank

posted on 1/12/13 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by six mad
Very sad news, hope the impact caused the deaths rather than the fire, RIP to Paul and driver.

+1

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Proby

posted on 1/12/13 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
RIP Paul Walker (and your driver).

Visit GraphicMonster

b3ngy

posted on 1/12/13 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
Yep, very sad news indeed. Looks like it was a BIG accident without the fire. RIP
kj

posted on 1/12/13 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
Very sad and a big loss, R.I.P

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 1/12/13 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
Sad day. Got a lot of kids interested in cars, and helped breed the next generation of petrol heads.

RIP Paul.

unijacko67

posted on 1/12/13 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Norfolkluegojnr
Sad day. Got a lot of kids interested in cars, and helped breed the next generation of petrol heads.

RIP Paul.

+1

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ross05

posted on 1/12/13 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
Paul.

very sad day..RIP.
coozer

posted on 1/12/13 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
No idea who he is, however my heart goes out to the family's of the people killed at the Clutha.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-25163045

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

dave_424

posted on 1/12/13 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
He was on his way to a charity event
phelpsa

posted on 1/12/13 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
Paul was a childhood hero of my generation. Will be sorely missed
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
britishtrident

posted on 1/12/13 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ben_Copeland
BBC news page is reporting Paul Walker from Fast and the Furious films has died in a car crash. He was passenger in a friends Porsche.

Died aged 40

A very high energy impact on an urban road -------------------no sympathy here I am just glad no innocent bystander was involved.

On Friday night I was making my way home from an Eddi Reeder concert at the Glasgow Concert Hall, I just reached the bottom of Castle Street when very suddenly the world was full of blue flashing lights heading down towards the Saltmarket and the riverside, when i got home I learned what had happened at the Clutha.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

phelpsa

posted on 1/12/13 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
quote:

Died aged 40

A very high energy impact on an urban road -------------------no sympathy here I am just glad no innocent bystander was involved.

On Friday night I was making my way home from an Eddi Reeder concert at the Glasgow Concert Hall, I just reached the bottom of Castle Street when very suddenly the world was full of blue flashing lights heading down towards the Saltmarket and the riverside, when i got home I learned what had happened at the Clutha.

The possible stupidity of the driver (who wasn't Paul Walker...) doesn't detract from the sad loss of Paul's life.

britishtrident

posted on 1/12/13 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phelpsa
quote:
quote:

Died aged 40

The possible stupidity of the driver (who wasn't Paul Walker...) doesn't detract from the sad loss of Paul's life.

He was a willing passenger , the guy was "a friend" so he must have known how the guy drove before he got in the car and therefore was equally guilty.
Just because they were filthy rich makes it no different from a pair of kids going wild in stolen car, worse because celebrity brings responsibility which is a concept that seems to be increasingly forgotten particular in the USA where being rich makes you completely immune from the law.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

steve m

posted on 1/12/13 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
Ive never heard of him, and never watched the childish films

shame two people died but judging by the mess of the Porsche, it would appear that were traveling at speed, and the fire spread very quickly, and killed them, hopefully with no one else around

More importantly the heli crash killing 3 in the heli, who were doing their job, probably chasing some scrote who needs to be put away, and at least 5 more in the bar, now that is sad news, and will take a while for the community to get on with life

Steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

owelly

posted on 1/12/13 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
I'm suprised at a few of these comments. I'm not sure how the collective have gleaned enough information to make such comments without making assumptions but I guess that's what many folks do.
Sympathies to all those involved in the Glasgow incident.
Similar thoughts to Paul and his mates families.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

six mad

posted on 1/12/13 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
I'm suprised at a few of these comments. I'm not sure how the collective have gleaned enough information to make such comments without making assumptions but I guess that's what many folks do.
Sympathies to all those involved in the Glasgow incident.
Similar thoughts to Paul and his mates families.

Just what I was thinking!

Not Anumber

posted on 1/12/13 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
+ 1 Owelly, i couldn't put it better than that. Sympathy all round.

jossey

posted on 1/12/13 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
Given there was a bad fire... Is there a chance that he may have been the driver n they just said he wasn't cos he is a famous person?

The road was a 50kmh road by what I read... Looks bad for 30 mph mmmmmmmmm

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

beaver34

posted on 1/12/13 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
Rip, influenced a lot of young people to get into the car game

Also I find it strange that the people who like him love speed and thrills be the first to act all mr perfect when it comes to an accident, we will have all had close calls its fair to say you win some you loose some

The driver and Paul lost this one

CraigJ

posted on 1/12/13 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by phelpsa
quote:
quote:

Died aged 40

He was a willing passenger , the guy was "a friend" so he must have known how the guy drove before he got in the car and therefore was equally guilty.
Just because they were filthy rich makes it no different from a pair of kids going wild in stolen car, worse because celebrity brings responsibility which is a concept that seems to be increasingly forgotten particular in the USA where being rich makes you completely immune from the law.

Being a passenger does not make him guilty.

What and utter wanker you are.

If the pilot of the chopper turns out to be at fault does that mean the passengers were at fault too? would you say they were guilty too?

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.