Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fast Getaways
BigDave

posted on 2/10/02 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
Fast Getaways

I'm not building a BEC or at least not while the Busa is in running order, but there is a question I would like to know.

I keep seeing in various sources that because BEC's don't have a flywheel, you need to get the car moving with no throttle and gentle clutch until the clutch is fully engaged and then you can let rip.

So is this the case?

And if it is the case then how do you get away fast from the lights?

Jon Ison

posted on 2/10/02 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
thats not the case, the clutch can be dumped, trye smoke no problem......it takes a bit o gerrin used too but it can be done quickly with no wheel spin....the main thing been the pedal is so light, the clutch is designed for hand operation, so as little or no feel, Chris yours must accelerate like a rocket with that diff........

ChrisGamlin

posted on 2/10/02 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
Jon, if you're referring to moi, then yeh it aint too bad, though my mate with a Megablade using the same tyre size but a longer 3.38 diff (and using an 893 engine and a car thats 40kg heavier) doesnt seem noticably slower accelerating, just longer in the gears compared to mine, so I don't think longer gearing is much of a handicap. I even got mine rolling roaded at TTS on Friday as I thought maybe it wasnt quite on the button considering all the above theoretical advantages mine has over the Megablade, but it put out 112bhp at the wheels on its first run so not too shabby!

Chris

Jon Ison

posted on 3/10/02 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
nice.......

ChrisGamlin

posted on 3/10/02 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
Yours isnt standard is it Jon? Have you RR'd your car, any dyno plots etc?

Chris

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.