Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tyres - presssures - Law
johnemms

posted on 4/12/13 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
Tyres - presssures - Law

Just had a thought and looked at my tires for pressures.. hmm no information..
Looked on Yokohama site : Air Pressure : Never use tyres with under 19 psi (130kPa).

Now .. if i was involved in an accident and PC plod takes a read of my tires ..
Then Mr Insurance looks up on the Yokohama info and finds mine bellow 19..

Q: Am i uninsured and up s**t creek?

Yok ohama Linky here

Own chassis & Build - First time pass!!
"7's" aren't really "cars", they are 'experiences"

snakebelly

posted on 4/12/13 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
On the basis that all insurance companies are liability dodging gits I would say you would be, but the chances of them checking your pressures and checking the tyre data and proving they were at that level when the accident occurred I would say would be minimal enough to not stress about it.
Davey D

posted on 4/12/13 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
i think the chances of that happening are slim, to nill. If the tyres look to be in good condition, and they aren't flat then why would there be any need to check the tyres further.

you could ask the same question about any of the hundereds of other components that make up a car. If i was in an accident then would they check X, or Y ?

owelly

posted on 4/12/13 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
If you had an accident and it could be proved that the under-inflated caused the accident, and that having higher pressure would have prevented the claim, then yes, the insurance company have a case to reject or reduce any claim. If your car is part ofva no-fault claim, or you reverse into a slow moving building, then the tyre pressures have sfa to do with a claim.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big-vee-twin

posted on 4/12/13 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
I would imagine checking tyre pressure would be a matter of routine for a crash investigator.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

slingshot2000

posted on 4/12/13 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big-vee-twin
I would imagine checking tyre pressure would be a matter of routine for a crash investigator.

Yep, straight after they check for legal thread depth ! When I ran a recovery truck we would bet on which the investigator would do first; it was always thread depth, then tyre pressure. And then they would either start looking at other evidence, or walk away rubbing their (bosses' hands together !

Regards
Jon

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.