Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Re-wrapping my car
yellowcab

posted on 8/12/13 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
Re-wrapping my car

So I'm re-wrapping my car, and decided I may aswell change the colour.

Most cars I tend to see look lovely on the outside, and the exterior gives a nice look, then when you look a little deeper, they tend to be put together badly or not so good condition.

However it's the complete opposite on my car, since rebuilding it the footings of my car are now immaculate and very well put together, most of the components are brand new, but the my current wrap has been done badly by the previous owner which gives the wrong impression.

It's currently just plain flat yellow, not a standard yellow as its more canary, and not so warm coloured as other painted yellow kits I see.

I'm thinking of going white (boorrring I hear you say) but I'm wanting Matt White, to go along my black & carbon thats already on my car (aero screen, cycle wings)

My next company car will be an Audi A4 Avant in white with black wheels, so will go nicely when towing too.

Has anyone seen any Matt White cars before? Because I haven't lol

Do they look any good?

Slimy38

posted on 8/12/13 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
My bike was done in a matt white wrap with gloss black detailing;

In my opinion, it was exactly the look I was after.

SALAD

posted on 8/12/13 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
I'd say go for it, I really like matt white and I was thinking of spraying mine matt blue or some other matt colour, using Plastidip.
Looks like a good alternative to wrapping.

snakebelly

posted on 8/12/13 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
See my recent thread about plastidip here:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/4/viewthread.php?tid=186972

Pretty sure were going to do the Tiger GTA in in once its finished.

SALAD

posted on 8/12/13 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Make sure you tell us how you get on Snakey, I really like the look and versatility of the Plastidip. Similar stuff to swimingpool paint I think....without the chlorine though!
rodgling

posted on 8/12/13 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
I wrapped mine matt white (using DiNoc wrap which is very good, cost about 2-300 for the whole car if I remember rightly). It looked really great at the time:

but honestly, vinyl wrap ages badly and gets horribly stained by petrol splashes around the filler cap. When I can find some spare funds I plan to get it painted instead.

yellowcab

posted on 8/12/13 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
I'm personally happy with owning a wrapped car, this has been done for about 5 years, and looks OK - the only signs of 'wear' is stone chips piercing it, and just generally not being applied very well.

Fuel filling isn't via my rear clam anyway, so that doesn't concern me.

Does it clean up OK being matt?

rodgling

posted on 8/12/13 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yellowcab
I'm personally happy with owning a wrapped car, this has been done for about 5 years, and looks OK - the only signs of 'wear' is stone chips piercing it, and just generally not being applied very well.

Fuel filling isn't via my rear clam anyway, so that doesn't concern me.

Does it clean up OK being matt?

Stone chips aren't a huge issue, and application you can just redo until it looks good.

Clean-up isn't very good in white. It's OK but after a while it will always be a bit grimy.

yellowcab

posted on 8/12/13 at 11:27 PM Reply With Quote
Good point, certainly don't want to go to the effort of re-wrapping and keeping the same colour
sdh2903

posted on 9/12/13 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
Have you not considered painting?

I bought a compressor and all the guff and paint for £450 and had a go myself. You seem to turn your hand to most other things

Also if you do fancy a colour change its only 50 quid or so for some different celly topcoat.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.