Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Finally used it, its great
Ashley Jenkins

posted on 10/12/13 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
Finally used it, its great

i have just finished fixing my MK indy which has been in bits since i got it a few months ago due to having gearbox issues from the word go. I finished putting it back together on the weekend and took it out yesterday and covered around 300 miles. I absolutely love it
adithorp

posted on 10/12/13 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
Nice one! 300 miles in a bay at this time of year is pretty good going. I guess you never got the "You can't use a BEC for more than 10 miles without being knackered" memo that the anti-BEC-brigade like to trot out.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Ashley Jenkins

posted on 10/12/13 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
yeah it did get pretty cold around 4pm, it was just my hand really, i had about 15 layers on haha. It ran excellently with the exception of one pit stop at a halfrauds as it was dropping oil. Turns out i had missed the o-ring that seals the oil pressure switch in the top of the crank case. When i had the engine in bits on the bench, i was constantly thinking to myself 'this isn't going to work' and i thought id have to fork out on another engine. Once it was back in the car, i started it and it fired straight away. I was nearly in tears with joy (and thats not a lie) haha
MikeR

posted on 10/12/13 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
I've been building my car for (cough) 13 years. When I first started the engine after 5 or 6 years I was dancing around like a nutter........ I think we can all understand tears of joy.
Ashley Jenkins

posted on 10/12/13 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
i was like 'i can't believe I've fixed it' which was followed by me running around my unit like a loony

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.